Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing LED Christmas lights - tiny bulb stylee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

long_b wrote:
    Should I just start at the plug end, cut out the non-working icicles and join the wires ?

No don't do that please I doubt it's the individual LEDs that are finished, most likely a circuit issue.

I'd either leave them in to be fixed or just replace them, LEDs like that are not designed to be replaced individually

Not trying to be a smart arse here but would you not be better off binning them and buying a new set rather than getting them repaired? They're so cheap these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

They're wired with a handful of LEDs in series on each leg and use the voltage drop across each led to limit the current. If one fails the whole leg goes out. Bypassing one will increase the load on the others on that leg. Bypassing the entire leg should be ok in theory as they're paralleled.

That said, just bin them.

Advertisement