Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect Snes to Samsung TV

Options
  • 11-12-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a snes that I am trying to connect to the TV. I just have an RF cable that I am connecting to the ANT IN of the TV.

Is there anything else I need to do? Tried running auto store but not finding it.
    Do I need to connect the snes to horizon tv box as well?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Should just need to tune it in on a channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Should just need to tune it in on a channel.

On a Samsung tv. Tried running auto store and manual store with antenna setting at air but not finding anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

K09 wrote: »
    On a Samsung tv. Tried running auto store and manual store with antenna setting at air but not finding anything.

I think you need to use channel 3 or 4 (should be a switch on back of SNES to select matching chsnnel)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

mordeith wrote: »
    I think you need to use channel 3 or 4 (should be a switch on back of SNES to select matching chsnnel)

No luck. No switch on snes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

SNES takes composite input, so acquire a composite cable (and a composite scart adaptor, if your TV does not accept composite).

pictures etc here

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1404513/how-to-connect-old-game-consoles-to-your-tv-nes-snes-megadrive-and-more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Try the Retro Games section for advice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What model Samsung tv are you using?

Historically, the RF input would work by tuning one channel (autotune would normally work, but not always) to the input signal from the SNES. There are mutiple frequency modes that the antenna inputs can work on (UHF, VHF etc) so check if you can change those.

I'd try the composite output cable if you can get your hands on one. That would let you use either composite input or SCART input on your tv, which at least should be easier than getting the RF channel tuned.

Advertisement