Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best cordless vacuum?

• 11-12-2016 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for some recommendations for cordless vacuum? I have a Dyson DC something which I use. But have young kids and spend my life pulling it out, getting out cord, plugging in etc for normally what is a load of crumbs around the table.

Was wondering what the best cordless one available are? Is Dyson good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 scubadec

Did you ever buy one? I have the exact same question....
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for some recommendations for cordless vacuum? I have a Dyson DC something which I use. But have young kids and spend my life pulling it out, getting out cord, plugging in etc for normally what is a load of crumbs around the table.

Was wondering what the best cordless one available are? Is Dyson good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

My mother has the Gteck one you see advertised on TV and a while back I borrowed it to vacuum out the car. Have to say it was definitely one of the best cleans the car ever got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

scubadec wrote: »
    Did you ever buy one? I have the exact same question....

Bought the Dyson...the base V6 model.

It does a job, what you need to know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Bought the Dyson...the base V6 model.

It does a job, what you need to know?

Are they worth the money? Do they replace to need to take out your traditional pull-in vacuum cleaner?? Or would you still need to take the big vacuum out and do a proper clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

color_girl wrote: »
    Are they worth the money? Do they replace to need to take out your traditional pull-in vacuum cleaner?? Or would you still need to take the big vacuum out and do a proper clean?

I have 3 small kids. Really I use the cordless to clean up around the table etc....small bits and pieces...will use it to run over floor on nice days like today if they drag in clay etc, it is great at that.....

I still take the big hoover out at least once a week. I do have a large area to cover(3,000 sq ft)

It can struggle with pasta etc the larger items.......

I got one from Ebay second department, the refurbished. Would I spend 300 odd quid on it. No. I got it for about 150 I think which is about the max I would pay

If it broke down would I replace, yes I probably would at the right price. I seen them on Currys etc for over 300 quid. I would not spend that on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Good to know - thanks a mil! I dont know about the Ebay 2nd department - off to look that up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

We got the Dyson V6 Animal about 6 months ago. If you look around and compare prices you'll probably find a good deal somewhere. We got it to replace a regular vacuum. I was reluctant to spend so much on a vacuum, but I'm really happy with it. We have a smallish 3 bed house and it's perfect for that, don't miss the big vacuum at all. Was always bashing into stuff with that. The charge lasts long enough to do the whole house incl skirting boards, I do empty it after doing one floor though before going upstairs and then empty again at the end, the dust container part isn't that big.

Advertisement