Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 controller won't charge anymore :(

Options
  • 11-12-2016 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

I got a PS4 in the sales that happened about a month ago (the old version of the PS4). It came from England. Now the controller doesn't seem to be charging anymore which is a pain coming up to Christmas. I went on the Sony website and they told me to arrange a pickup of the controller with DPD. Does anyone know how long it takes to get fixed? Would love to get it back before Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

oh god, that's so long..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Did you try charge it with a fast charger by any chance?

You could try SCEI in Amiens Street, they have been known to replace them a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Did you try and reset the controller ?

There is a small hole in the back of the controller to do this . Try it , it might be the problem.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/210281/what-is-this-hole-for-in-the-controller

I pressed the small pin on the back yesterday and it didn't make any difference. Then today, I saw my housemate had left their (fastcharger) phone charger plugged in and I said I'd give it one more try- and it worked!! I'm delighted. But I will have to check if it works with regular USB chargers still... Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You shouldnt use the fast charge charger on the controller,may have been the problem in the first place. Friend did the same and his would not charge afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kaji wrote: »
    I pressed the small pin on the back yesterday and it didn't make any difference. Then today, I saw my housemate had left their (fastcharger) phone charger plugged in and I said I'd give it one more try- and it worked!! I'm delighted. But I will have to check if it works with regular USB chargers still... Hopefully

That's what I guessed, chances are the battery not going to hold charge anymore after it and could be borked...

Fast charge usually charges at 1v, while the PS4 DS4 and most older phones charge at .5v, Sony don't really stress that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

I done the same thing before with the fast charger and screwed it up, and on someone's suggestion here I plugged it into the PS4 and reset it. It didn't work straight away, tried it a few times over a couple of days and it worked eventually, just got a little warmer when using it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Johnmcgee97

I went through 3 ps4 controllers from using fast charge and never put any pass on it, realised afterwards it must have been that fast charge..seeing this I'm presuming it happens a lot of people

OP here. You'd think Sony would warn people- since most new phones have USB fast chargers nowadays. I'll charge it away using anything until Christmas is over, then I'll have it picked up and inspected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Johnmcgee97

OP here. You'd think Sony would warn people- since most new phones have USB fast chargers nowadays. I'll charge it away using anything until Christmas is over, then I'll have it picked up and inspected.

It will start to stop working fairly.soon if the issue is like mine, on amazon you can get one delivery for as little as about 40£ if you were interested BTW cheapest out there prob

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

OP here. You'd think Sony would warn people- .

It's in the small print:

tumblr_lb6gberyWp1qajasao1_500.gif

Advertisement