Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Witnessed car hit parked car and drive off

• 11-12-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Was driving home today (passenger) and the car in front of us was swerving a little bit and all of a sudden veered into a parked car and took the wing mirror clear off. Followed him for a bit and took a photo of the back of the car, including the reg. Called back around to the house the car was outside then and they called the guards and gave them the information. Just wondering what would be liable to happen that driver now? There's a good chance he was drunk given the time of year it is but if he goes home and denies it it can anything be done about it? People who's house it was also have our details if needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Something similar happened my sister last year. Came out of shop and note under wiper. ' I saw such and such car hit yours and drive off, here's the reg, here's my number etc' ...... Big chunk taken out of rear door sill. Up to the guards we go. ,... and they couldn't have been more unhelpful if they'd tried. ' i'll give them a ring but if theft say it wasn't them there's nothing you can do ' . The guard wouldn't even walk two feet to the door to look at the damage for context. Basically .... don't call us, we ll call you! Frustrating!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Luck of the draw, some Gardai like above have no interest, yet you'll hear stories on here the odd time whereby they visit the supposed offenders house and question them, resulting in the person admitting liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Luck of the draw, some Gardai like above have no interest, yet you'll hear stories on here the odd time whereby they visit the supposed offenders house and question them, resulting in the person admitting liability.

Funny u should say that. I was in the same barracks a few months later getting passport stamped and a woman comes in to say shed had a minor fender bender with a car. They'd both agreed it wasn't an issue but she wanted to just report it in case he came back claiming x y z. The guard left the desk and was out looking at car and taking down details etc. I was just like ...,. 'Flaming typical'! Any chance u could stamp me friggin form when u solve the crime that never was!!!!

Advertisement