Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to Debit Card - Card Expired

Options
  • 11-12-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Thanks again for your previous help.

I signed up to a service via goteamup.com back during the summer and noticed that I had been overcharged by one month. The company have noticed this and told me that they'll process a refund.

Now the problem is that goteamup is a middle man (a la paypal) and they took the money initially from my BOI Visa Debit card. Since then I have been issued a new card by BOI as my older one expired. I also noticed that the number on the card is different from that of the old one - even though it's for the same account and I had not reported my old card lost or stolen, just renewed.

Will the refund go through to my current account as normal (which both my old expired card and current card are linked to) or will there be issues because of the changed details?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

FGR wrote: »
    Hi All.

Thanks again for your previous help.

I signed up to a service via goteamup.com back during the summer and noticed that I had been overcharged by one month. The company have noticed this and told me that they'll process a refund.

Now the problem is that goteamup is a middle man (a la paypal) and they took the money initially from my BOI Visa Debit card. Since then I have been issued a new card by BOI as my older one expired. I also noticed that the number on the card is different from that of the old one - even though it's for the same account and I had not reported my old card lost or stolen, just renewed.

Will the refund go through to my current account as normal (which both my old expired card and current card are linked to) or will there be issues because of the changed details?

Thanks for your help!
    Hi FGR, thanks for getting in touch.
    Yes, the refund will still go through to your account even if your card details have changed in the meantime.
    Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola 

Advertisement