Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my PSU is banjaxed ...

Options
  • 11-12-2016 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

So when I switch on my desktop I get repeated attempts from the initial power up to the BIOS loading - and fails, it just repeats itself and nothing appears on the monitor.

The 1 year old has been messing with the power button a lot lately ..:o

Anyway, here is a video (maybe turn up the volume to hear what is happening)

https://vimeo.com/195204238

Im pretty sure it needs a new PSU ... how much should that set me back - roughly ? Just so I know what to expect when I take it to the local repair shop ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm not sure it is a PSU that is faulty as the PC stays on with power. It could be anything really. Faulty Hard drive even or even motherboard. Any status LED's or LCD status displays on motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The likely culprits are a motherboard issue or a faulty stick of ram. If you have 2 sticks, try them individually.

Either way the issue is not likely to cost more than about €50 to fix yourself, be it a new board or new ram (or a new PSU in the unlikely event it's a PSU issue).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Hmmm ... ok .. thanks for that, ill check the motherboard + ram and post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Just thinking there ... I really hope it;s not my MB , I bought it about a year ago and think it was expensive enough ... :(

Advertisement