Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for moving to new zealand

Options
  • 11-12-2016 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, just looking for any tips or advice on moving to New Zealand. I'm moving with my boyfriend and we're hoping to go to Wellington. Has anyone any experience of the city? And has anyone any recommendations on the visas/flights? I see usit have a package, but I'm just wondering is it worth paying the extra money for that service, or is it just as well to organise all that on our own and save the few quid? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Finapple wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for any tips or advice on moving to New Zealand. I'm moving with my boyfriend and we're hoping to go to Wellington. Has anyone any experience of the city? And has anyone any recommendations on the visas/flights? I see usit have a package, but I'm just wondering is it worth paying the extra money for that service, or is it just as well to organise all that on our own and save the few quid? Thanks for any advice!

Hi, I lived in Wellington for about 18 months in 2008-9. I found it really dull, really expensive, and sh+t weather. I'd recommend another part of NZ if possible (others on the forum might be able to advise you better). One thing about Wellington, though, was that I had no trouble finding work (I'm a teacher). But still, it's not a place I'd ever like to return to.

Advertisement