Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Business

Options
  • 11-12-2016 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I currently doing a PME to teachin one subject.
    I did my level 7 in Ireland and did business within it and wouldnt be too far off the 60 ETCT credits to teacher business but it not the required level 8

I did the level 8 in the UK that was not related to business which is what got me onto the PME.

Would anybody know of anywhere that I may be able to study business evening or online that might make up the short fall.

Also I have been told that once you get into a school even for one subject, they can require you teach other subjects even if you are not registered to teach the subject with the teaching council. is that actually true ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not 'required' exactly, but if you knew a bit about computers you might find yourself with a couple of classes to make up your hours. You wouldn't be landed with something on your timetable without being consulted.

Is your level 8 teaching related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

spurious wrote: »
    Not 'required' exactly, but if you knew a bit about computers you might find yourself with a couple of classes to make up your hours. You wouldn't be landed with something on your timetable without being consulted.

Is your level 8 teaching related?

yeah my level 8 would be PE which is what im doing the PME in at the minute. My level 7 was a combination sport and business.

Speaking of computers, I would be pretty proficient in mircosoft office so would be confident in teaching that and have credits for it as i studied computers for a year and did modules in it on my level 7. Do you need a computer degree to get registered to teach it with the teaching council ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

siobhan08 wrote: »
    yeah my level 8 would be PE which is what im doing the PME in at the minute. My level 7 was a combination sport and business.

Speaking of computers, I would be pretty proficient in mircosoft office so would be confident in teaching that and have credits for it as i studied computers for a year and did modules in it on my level 7. Do you need a computer degree to get registered to teach it with the teaching council ?

Yes, you have to have the required credits to be registered for any subject but the TC stance is 'if you are registered, it is up to the discretion of the school to decide your timetable.'

Advertisement