Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel (cloths) Shop

Options
  • 11-12-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭

Mother recently got a coat at a shop called Diesel but can't remember where the shop is. Someone around Argus/Paterick's street area.

Anyone give exact street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Mother recently got a coat at a shop called Diesel but can't remember where the shop is. Someone around Argus/Paterick's street area.

Anyone give exact street?

Can't believe I googled this for you, but according to their website here they only have one store in Cork and that's in Mahon Point.

EDIT: Actually how about your mother have a look at the receipt, the address & phone number will be on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There was/might still be one at the junction at the junction of Castle St. and North Main St. but it's possible it closed years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Can't believe I googled this for you, but according to their website here they only have one store in Cork and that's in Mahon Point.

EDIT: Actually how about your mother have a look at the receipt, the address & phone number will be on that.

I did it first and came up with that but know there is another prehaps not the official branded one!
    There was/might still be one at the junction at the junction of Castle St. and North Main St. but it's possible it closed years ago.

Got a PM so think I am sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

This Irish version of Diesel is not the same as the American Diesel - store.diesel.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

xabi wrote: »
    This Irish version of Diesel is not the same as the American Diesel - store.diesel.com/ie

They're Italian. Interesting story about how the Irish lads jumped on them not registering the name here separately from the UK. They quality difference is huge between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

They're Italian. Interesting story about how the Irish lads jumped on them not registering the name here separately from the UK. They quality difference is huge between them.

ah well there is no comparison really, a pair of [genuine] Diesel jeans will set you back €250. I believe there's an ongoing legal battle against the Irish Diesel company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

TheChizler wrote: »

That's the closing-down shop that shows no sign of closing down.

Cool_CM wrote: »
    That's the closing-down shop that shows no sign of closing down.

Closes down every few months for about a day. Then reopens with pretty much nothing changed . Must be some advantage to them with this closing and reopening. They are selling f*uk all anyway from what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Closes down every few months for about a day. Then reopens with pretty much nothing changed . Must be some advantage to them with this closing and reopening. They are selling f*uk all anyway from what I see.

Usually shops do things like that as a lure. Big signs with CLOSING DOWN SALE attract people and if they see a product they like they'd be hesitant to leave it should the shop close before they return. A local furniture shop has those signs up for months now when I was in there he let slip he's not closing down rather just getting rid of old stock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I remember that Diesel shop from teenage years (North Main St), "€40 for a shirt that's a rip off" was always met with "Ok €30 and get out of here". Always made me wonder how low you could go!
    I believe my Confirmation jacket was a bargain that's how long they've not been closing down!

• Advertisement
Advertisement