Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House/Apartment in limerick city area

• 12-12-2016 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

As im sure everyone is aware the price of rent in limerick has soared hugely in the last year. Good for landlords,but not so good for people looking for a place to rent or lease.

This could very well be a shot in the dark but its worth a shot none the less. Me and my girlfriend have been looking for a place now the last 3 months around the city area of limerick, but as you can imagine are finding it very hard to snap a deesent place up, if a deesent place comes up on daft or rent.ie etc its gone the next day. So my thoughts are maybe, just maybe someone on here may have or may know someone perhaps who has a house or apartment that they would rent but maybe they dont have it advertised? Ive been told by quiet a few people that theres plenty of places in limerick not being used and going for rent but youll only hear about them through word of mouth. Just incase someone happens to come across this thread and something comes to mind, im 24 and my girlfriend 22. Both very mature,quiet,responsible individuals and are also both ocd when it comes to cleanliness (more so my girlfriend but over the years its rubbed off on me more and more 😂). Were both in full time employment and from limerick,my girlfriend from a suburb part of limerick and myself from the countryside of limerick. Our budget is 700-800 max. I firmly believe the saying you get what you pay for and i firmly believe 700-800 euro a month should be able in this day and age to get you a nice one or two bedroom apartment or house in or around the city centre area or not to far from it even.

So hopefully you never know,someone might see this and something might ring a bell with someone, hopefully 😂 .

As they say nothing ventured nothing gained so its worth a shot.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

He might get lucky. I know of people paying 650 for a nice two bedroom apartment in the centre of town. I know of somebody else who is paying 450 for a one-bedroom, also near the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

My friend has a lovely two bed over by george's quay for 650. Keep looking and don't get down. Ye will find something. It just might take a while. Dont except bad accomodation

Why was the post between mine and the Op's deleted? Seemed fairly ok ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktow14

Thanks for the reply. By any chance are them people you know of planning on leaving anytime soon? Haha.

I looked at one in pery square yesterday for 750. 1 bedroom huge sittingroom big bedroom private parking open fire place oil central heating very very freshly renovated was a lovely apartment,but unfortunately the landlord gave preference to the first viewers who i assumed wouldnt be passing it up. Good for them but bad for me i guess. I have looked at alot of places over the last few months that i honestly wouldnt put a dog in. Its hard to believe some places are actualy that bad. But as you said keep positive and hope something good comes up.

ktow14 wrote:
    I have looked at alot of places over the last few months that i honestly wouldnt put a dog in. Its hard to believe some places are actualy that bad. But as you said keep positive and hope something good comes up.

Where were these places, as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ktow14

zulutango wrote: »
    Where were these places, as a matter of interest?

I wont go into specifics incase someone is offended but an area of sarsfield strret was one and henry street another. Now dont get me wrong the apartments were liveable,but by no means where they nice or comfy or cosy no warmth just very run down and minus degrees in them it felt

Advertisement