Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Delivery Charges

Options
  • 12-12-2016 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Hi

I purchased some DIY items over the weekend online and the retailer calculated delivery and accepted payment in full by credit card.

Today I receive an email saying that the items I ordered were outside their standard deliver and they wanted 3 times the original delivery charge due to the size of what I ordered. they pointed me to their FAQ page on Delivery info. OK its advertised on their website. but not factored into their calculation on billing when they process an order.

Anyone know where I stand on this? Do I have to accept the new delivery charge or are they obliged to accept the original price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is common enough if they don't normally supply to Ireland.

No, they don't have to give you the original price and you don't have to accept the new delivery charges - you can just cancel the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI OP

if the items are oversized, you can understand it will cost more for them to deliver. So shop around and see if it still makes sense to order, with the higher delivery charge. Cancel if you can get a better deal.

Advertisement