Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors being noisy after they complained about noise to me.

Options
  • 12-12-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, long story short - I moved in recently into a new house on my own, I had an initial party at hoome and it kind of got out of control (one of my guests turned on Bass on speakers to maximum at 3 AM) so neighbors called their landlord who called my landlord and I got into **** (which is understandable and reasonable).

I've kept extremely quiet since then.

Now neighbors are watching StarTrek in their bedroom every Sunday from 11 PM until 3 AM on extremely loud and due to layout of houses - it's right behind my bedrooms wall so I can hear everything.

The way I can tell it's StarTrek is because I can literally hear dialogues on their TV that's how loud it is.

First time it happened - I ignored it, I thought it's a one time thing.
    It happened 5 Sundays in a row now.

Should I talk to them or go directly to my landlord?

I don't feel comfortable talking to them as it will be super pathethic and ironic how I complain about noise even though I was the one who woke up whole neighborhood the moment I moved in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I would go to them directly. You already acknowledge that noise levels for your house warming were out of line. Mention this whole requesting some respect from them in return.

Be civil. You might end up being good neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I would talk to them first in a friendly manner and see what their response is like. 5 Sundays in a row is too much at this stage. Its okay to have a party now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

judeboy101 wrote: »
    It depends what star trek. If its voyager or enterprise or tng S1-3 I would report asap.

I wouldn't know, never seen it, it has very old style intro and spocks voice (as I heard it on big bang theory) and someone was talking about dismantling something and there was laser noise after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I would go to them to complain. It seems a tad bit immature that you would have to call your landlord to get him to speak to your neighbours to turn down their TV. I would speak to them in person to show them if they have an issue with your behaviour in the future, they can speak to you directly rather than going to your landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

Sounds like they are being childish after your party. In my own opinion, if someone has a party once, i wouldnt be complaining to the LL no matter how loud (ok if i had kids or something i would call in to my neighbour directly if it was keeping them awake etc).
    Have a word with them and if they keep it up, have another party.
    I joke :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

So, they made a complaint about you .. and then did something far worse themselves. I wouldn't place any bets on being best buddies on the future, they sound very childish.

I certainly wouldn't go around there kissing their a.ss and being overly friendly. Go around and tell them they made their point, what happened at your place was a one off due to having just moved in. They already reported you, why the need to retaliate on a weekly basis?

Your fault was not keeping an eye on a waywardly guest, but their behaviour is just pathetic.

Advertisement