Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque balance added to account but not available

Options
  • 12-12-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I lodged a cheque last Friday morning and the balance was showing up in my account when I checked at lunch time,but as of this morning it is still unavailable, Is this normal to update the balance without making the funds available? It was a BOI cheque lodged in an external lodgement ATM around 8am Friday. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Monaco1989 wrote: »
    I lodged a cheque last Friday morning and the balance was showing up in my account when I checked at lunch time,but as of this morning it is still unavailable, Is this normal to update the balance without making the funds available? It was a BOI cheque lodged in an external lodgement ATM around 8am Friday. Cheers
    Hi Monaco1989, thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, while the cheque amount is normally added to your balance the day that it’s lodged, the funds won’t be made available to use until the cheque has cleared. For a domestic cheque this usually takes 3-5 working days, you can check your available funds through our 365 Online service.

Please let me know if you’ve any other questions, thanks.
    Nicola 

Advertisement