Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo shortage a coming?? UK couriers not transporting.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If you didn't know what the FCP was Rimfire, how were you making submissions to them? Stop trolling, it's against the first rule of the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thanks for the "alternative facts". Nice of Midlands to be so worried about us all getting to reload. Nothing to do with the fact they currently hold a nice little monopoly on it and it costs a pretty few € to be allowed to participate apparently.

Exactly what or who is this FCP?

Grizzly, I love the concept but this is Ireland.

Me cynical yep and with good reason !

I'm not a member of Midlands but you do realise that they were the only ones who applied for it. If it wasn't for the Midlands, there would be no reloading at all in Ireland.

The monopoly as you call it is nothing to do with Midlands. Nobody else applied. Recently though, two more organisations have applied. It's a start.

Midlands actually had to spend a fortune to comply with all the terms and conditions that were placed upon them for reloading. Do you expect them not to charge for the facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sparks wrote: »
    That boat hasn't sailed. It's tied up at the dock waiting for an engine part.

"Moored at the dock!" Sorry, just theinbuilt pendantism of having a ex USN father drilling stuff like that into me from an early age!:)
    God help you if you had said "Who drives the boat":P:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

If you didn't know what the FCP was Rimfire, how were you making submissions to them? Stop trolling, it's against the first rule of the forum charter.

My questions were metaphorical & more so hinting at the fact that we the ordinary shooters hear sod all from it or anyone to do with it! And before you tell me to contact my reps I refer you to the post you've linked.

How come every time someone here says anything less than flattering about Midlands or the FCP the Charter, rules violation or now accusations of trolling are are rolled out (yet another metaphorical question in case you don't realise).

**awaits post/s being edited, deleted and a ban** :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

My questions were metaphorical
    No, you were taking the piss. Again.
    It's beyond tiresome.
    How come every time someone here says anything less than flattering
    So first off, not "someone". Just people who know the actual story isn't what they're peddling but they enjoy ****stirring more than shooting and think the rest of us are here to amuse them.
    And secondly, "less than flattering" is not the same as "defamation under the Act". The former is harmless; the latter has already cost a shooter €75,000 in the last six months on a different topic, so frankly, if you want to defame someone for your own amusement, go start a blog and don't drag us into it. That's not the point behind the anonymity on here, it's an abuse of it.

• Advertisement

No, you were taking the piss. Again.
    It's beyond tiresome.

In your opinion which will always trump mine seen as you have moderation powers.
    So first off, not "someone". Just people who know the actual story isn't what they're peddling but they enjoy ****stirring more than shooting and think the rest of us are here to amuse them.

That looks very like an accusation.
    And secondly, "less than flattering" is not the same as "defamation under the Act". The former is harmless; the latter has already cost a shooter €75,000 in the last six months on a different topic, so frankly, if you want to defame someone for your own amusement, go start a blog and don't drag us into it. That's not the point behind the anonymity on here, it's an abuse of it.

I acknowledge your advice & thank you for it. I made no defamatory statement. Midlands do currently have a monopoly on reloading, it is expensive to join there (initially anyway) and the FCP's business is not readily imparted to the average shooter by it's participants (the ones who represent me anyway).

On that note I'll go back under my bridge in the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

In your opinion which will always trump mine seen as you have moderation powers.

That looks very like an accusation.

I acknowledge your advice & thank you for it. I made no defamatory statement. Midlands do currently have a monopoly on reloading, it is expensive to join there (initially anyway) and the FCP's business is not readily imparted to the average shooter by it's participants (the ones who represent me anyway).

On that note I'll go back under my bridge in the ether.

Not that I'm a fan but the Sports Coalition publish the minutes (their version) on their website. While there's no real detail, it does give the gist of the meetings.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not that I'm a fan but the Sports Coalition publish the minutes (their version) on their website. While there's no real detail, it does give the gist of the meetings.

You're trying to get me into more trouble :p It seems ignorant not to answer you. In my last post I draw you're attention the the final statement in brackets.

I've seen stuff online. The problem I have is what they're discussing & agreeing to without releasing the "real detail". And as shown I did ask. Hopefully I'll not be part of the crew thrown under the next bus. But then again I'll not know I'm under said bus until it's all been agreed & signed off by those who were meant to be representing me yet never asked me what I thought of the whole thing.

Advertisement