Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Amazon order

Options
  • 12-12-2016 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi folks, I received a notification from FastWay this morning and not too sure what my next steps are:

'The consignment was not delivered due to it being damaged'

Called them up and they said that the item will be returned to sender (Amazon.co.uk presumably, although it looks like UPS was also involved in the delivery process at some stage).

Does anyone have any experience with what happens next? Fastway advised to get in touch with the sender (Amazon?) and let them know that the items are being sent back. I can fill out a return for Amazon, but do not want to do so before being sure as it looks like I am liable to be billed a second time for the goods if for some reason they are not sent back within 30 days.

On the return page on Amazon, I can request a return for the MoBo and GPU, but not the CPU (only allowed to select refund) any ideas there?

Absolute disaster! That pretty much bins any chance of having the new PC for Christmas.

TLDR; Amazon package damaged, not sure where the liability is and what I need to do next. If I can't return the CPU, just but another one again from Amazon and wait for the damged on to be refunded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

That's bad luck. But why should you contact Amazon? You have not received the goods so why not let them sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Get in touch with Amazon Customer support directly. You should contact them just so it is expected and have a fallback should anything go wrong with the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

pogcica wrote: »
    That's bad luck. But why should you contact Amazon? You have not received the goods so why not let them sort it out.

I would be inclined to complain to Amazon of non-delivery.
    After that it is their problem to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I had this happen to me before with amazon, the status of the order in my amazon account was auto updated a short time later with something along the lines of Damaged in transit being returned to shipping centre.

Some items were on sale when I ordered but not any more, amazon honoured the original price and gave me free express shipping.
    They dont send out a second order, rather they refund the first order so you can place a second order.
    Amazons customer service is really good, I would say contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Contact Amazon CS, let them know you were contacted and ask them for an update.
    Ask them if they can dispatch replacement parts as you had hoped to have the PC built for christmas.
    Maybe tell them its a present for someone. No need to say its for yourself.

They are very decent and if they have them in stock will likely send them out to you again. Their CS is amazing , it really is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Enoch_root

Thanks for the help! I've been onto Amazon and they are 'investigating' internally so I have to wait 24 - 48 hours for that.

Still have not given up hope that I can get it all sorted before Christmas anyway, though it will be pretty tight.

The one bummer is the processor is not sold by Amazon, so I can only get a refund there and not a replacement. Will most likely need to buy the processor _again_ and wait for the refund on the damaged one at the same time.

They've been decent enough to deal with so far in all fairness. Was not expecting that, so at least there is that.

Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When AnPost lost my €300 watch Amazon just shipped a 2nd unit and told me to return the missing one if it showed up (never did, AP RTS'd it). Only charged once. They tend to be quite good like that (I would guess especially if you're a regular customer with a track record).

When its FBA/Marketplace the level of CS is lower but not bad.

Fastway are twats, wouldnt be surprised if they dropped a pallet off a forklift or similar, they have to smash it to bits to not attempt delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

I ordered an SSD on Amazon a few weeks ago. All that showed up was an empty (completely flat) box, shrink wrapped with a note from An Post saying that it had been damaged in transit. The package was clearly tampered with and the contents removed at some point.

I contacted Amazon support and they were really helpful about it. First they asked me to return the item, but since I had no item to return they apologised and sent me a new one straight away. Arrived two days later.

They tend to be really good with things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Amazon are awesome for this ****.

I have started leaning towards buying anything expensive off them simply because of the returns system.

Advertisement