If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting help with specific projector throw distance

Options
  • 12-12-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

hi Lads,
    looking for help from you once more...
    I'm looking for a full HD projector. However the dimentions of the room/screen is proving difficult, if I want to stay within a reasonable budget ~ (<€600). Dimenions as follows:
    Max screen width: 180cm
    Distance between projector and screen: 3.4m
    I think this makes Calculated throw ratio : 1.9

Have you anything that fits the bill - would be happy with open box / display item if the lamp was fresh.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I know you are mad busy, by given that there are only a few sleeps left......polite little bump....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hi Lads,
    I'm looking for a full HD projector. However the dimentions of the room/screen is proving difficult, if I want to stay within a reasonable budget ~ (<€600). Dimenions as follows:

Have you anything that fits the bill - would be happy with open box / display item if the lamp was fresh.
    thanks in advance
    Irish Grover,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'm a little snowed under at the moment.

Can I be a PITa and ask you to have a look at your measurements - is your 180 wide screen measured straight across or on a diagonal?

If its 180" across then using a rough calc that will give you roughly an 81" diagonal screen which would be really quite small for a PJ and THB if you can only project from 3.4mtrs that may present a challenge!

Can you have a look and repost and I'll get back asap.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

hi Lads,

thanks in advance
    Irish Grover,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'm a little snowed under at the moment.

Can I be a PITa and ask you to have a look at your measurements - is your 180 wide screen measured straight across or on a diagonal?

If its 180" across then using a rough calc that will give you roughly an 81" diagonal screen which would be really quite small for a PJ and THB if you can only project from 3.4mtrs that may present a challenge!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    dragging up a very old tread....but it's my birthday... in answer to your question, measurements are correct. Do you have anything that fits?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hi Lads,

thanks in advance
    Irish Grover,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,
    dragging up a very old tread....but it's my birthday... in answer to your question, measurements are correct. Do you have anything that fits?
    Hi Irish Grover,

As John had said before, finding a projector that will project onto such a small area from such a large distance is a challenge. I will have a look around to see if there are any with a longer throw but for 3.4m you would be looking a screen of upwards of 92" diagonally.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.