Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't validate my new visa debit card?

Options
  • 12-12-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

I was sent a new card - something to do with BOI noticing fraudulent transactions. I have tried to validate it in a few ATMs and no luck. It allows me to enter my pin but then says card is not valid. Last ATM I tried was the BOI one attached to the student branch in Trinity. 

Any ideas why I can't validate it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Weyhey wrote: »
    I was sent a new card - something to do with BOI noticing fraudulent transactions. I have tried to validate it in a few ATMs and no luck. It allows me to enter my pin but then says card is not valid. Last ATM I tried was the BOI one attached to the student branch in Trinity. 

Any ideas why I can't validate it?
    Hi Weyhey, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to activate your new card. It's quite unusual what you're describing with a brand new card, and without account access we would be unable to say why this may be happening. We would advise you to call our BOI Direct team on 0818 365365 / 003531 4044000 for a representative to check this out for you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I am afraid to contact them now Sarah as my old card is fine and they may cancel my cards and leave me screwed for Christmas. My holiday was nearly ruined by fraudulent activity (on a very secure 2 month old credit card) and BOI's very slow process of sending out new cards. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Weyhey wrote: »
    I am afraid to contact them now Sarah as my old card is fine and they may cancel my cards and leave me screwed for Christmas. My holiday was nearly ruined by fraudulent activity (on a very secure 2 month old credit card) and BOI's very slow process of sending out new cards. 
    Hi Weyhey, 

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We would advise you to call the number above if you were issued this new card due to suspected fraudulent activity. It would be best for a representative to look into this for you and they will be able to advise which card is best to use. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement