Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Unlimited' Broadband

Options
  • 12-12-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am considering cancelling my UPC subscription and switching to eircom (broadband only).
    Your website says that it is unlimited broadband which to me means exactly that (NO limits).

Based on past experience there is usually a cap however I can't find it, can you confirm if there is one and if so what it is?

Thanks,
    kingtut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi,

I am considering cancelling my UPC subscription and switching to eircom (broadband only).
    Your website says that it is unlimited broadband which to me means exactly that (NO limits).

Based on past experience there is usually a cap however I can't find it, can you confirm if there is one and if so what it is?

Thanks,
    kingtut
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kingtut,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A fair usage policy of 1TB applies to our broadband service.  You can read more on this here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi,

Thanks,
    kingtut
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kingtut,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A fair usage policy of 1TB applies to our broadband service.  You can read more on this here.[/font]

Thanks very much. Still not sure how legally it can be called unlimited but I'd be shocked at anyone that could go through 1TB in a month ;)

On a somewhat related note I want to ensure that when I cancel my UPC that I have eircom broadband installed at the same time (so I don't go any days without broadband). So how long typically does it take to get installed and up and running from when it's ordered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Thanks,
    kingtut

Thanks very much. Still not sure how legally it can be called unlimited but I'd be shocked at anyone that could go through 1TB in a month ;)

On a somewhat related note I want to ensure that when I cancel my UPC that I have eircom broadband installed at the same time (so I don't go any days without broadband). So how long typically does it take to get installed and up and running from when it's ordered?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kingtut :) [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It can take up to 10 working days for a full installation so I would allow ten working days for line & ten for [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]broadband however you will be advised of your installation date when your order is placed.  In some cases the installation can take longer depending on site requirements. [/font]

Advertisement