Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paedophile accusation

Options
  • 12-12-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

If rumours are to be believed a person living near where I work has (allegedly) mollested a young child. The company's sign which is on an extremely busy road has an arrow pointing out where the company is located which also happens to be where the accused lives. Someone using spray paint vandelised the sign using the already in place arrow to point out where the 'pedo' lives. My boss was made aware of the graffiti this morning and he took photos of the graffiti, took the sign down and informed the gardai.

He is a nice middle aged man with young children of his own. He tried to shrug it off to everyone working in the offices that saw the graffiti but i think he is kind of worried as to how many people saw the sign and will rumours far and wide spread around the region. Should I suggest to him to notify a radio station or other media outlet to address the nature of the graffiti or just ignore it?

I would worry for his mental health if rumours started as he already works very hard and is a friend to all and appears to be a great family man. I would place my house on a bet that he would never do any thing of the kind. Perhaps its just because I know about the child being sexually abused.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    We've been discussing this thread internally among us mods and if it may be a better fit somewhere else but in the end everyone agree that there's not really a whole lot of advice that can be offered beyond speak to the Guardia and possibly a solicitor. As such advice would wander into the legal advice which can't be given on boards.ie we've decided to lock this thread and follow the advice noted earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement