Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bore Guides

Options
  • 12-12-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

I just received a couple of bore guides from Shooting Shed in the UK. Well impressed by the quality and said to myself I'd stick it up here for anyone looking for bore guides.

Top one is for a Remington 700 .223, bottom is for a Ruger Precision Rifle .308

Excellent quality and workmanship.

1zxqtud.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Some of my bolt-action rifles date from the middle of the last decade of the 19th century, but I still care enough about them to use a bore guide every time I clean them.

The examples you show are about the very best in existence, anywhere - I have four.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Approximate Costs ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

About £35 each.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    Approximate Costs ??

You'll get specific pricing on their site

http://shootingshed.co.uk/oscom/index.php?cPath=25&osCsid=326ec0594358b5415b953f637b9e7e10

Shipping is about £12

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

They look really nicely done.

Over time, it saves a lot of wear and tear on the chamber and/or rim recess from bashing the end of the cleaning rod into them. Main thing though is it stops justabout all of that squeeze-out of solvents and oils that otherwise dribble down the breech and into the action and bedding area.

They are a great help in keeping your raceways and lug recesses getting all gummed up with c_rap.

Happiness is often defined as having one's own lathe :-)

I'll be able to make ones for my use thankfully, but otherwise I must say those ones are really well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Postage is enough. Would a group buy be the way to go.

Advertisement