Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Spill in Booterstown and Sandymount

• 12-12-2016 8:18pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

There was a very bad oil spill of unknown origin on Booterstown Ave through Strand Road this morning. I found out the hard way today. There are oil spill signs up now but Dublin bikers be warned!

Typing one handed due to a fractured elbow is not fun. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

forget the elbow hows the bike :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

****e, sorry to hear :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

forget the elbow hows the bike :eek:

Bike is grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

faceman wrote: »
    There was a very bad oil spill of unknown origin on Booterstown Ave through Strand Road this morning. I found out the hard way today. There are oil spill signs up now but Dublin bikers be warned!

Thanks. My worst nightmare is coming across a big oil spill...

Glad you're okay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

faceman wrote: »

Ouch, Sorry to hear it. I've only recently had a cast taken off so I feel your pain. Are you still able to ride?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ayrtonf7 wrote:
    Ouch, Sorry to hear it. I've only recently had a cast taken off so I feel your pain. Are you still able to ride?

I'm out of action for a couple of months bike wise. Hoping to at least be back in the car in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

did you see elsewhere someone on after hours posted about being the car behind you when this happened?

Fuaranach wrote: »
    So, yesterday morning at 7:45am in the dark I was driving in the fairly heavy traffic up Booterstown Avenue and a motorcyclist was driving immediately in front of me. All of a sudden he skidded and hit the ground. I don't know why but I beeped the man instinctively and he put his hand up in acknowledgment. There was a time I would instinctively have got out to see if he was OK, but I always seem to be under time pressure now so I do feel crappy about that. Thankfully I wasn't driving up his backside or he would have been more seriously injured. Curiously about two months ago a similar incident also happened: a cyclist was cycling immediately in front of me and he fell off his bike on to the road. Same thing: if I had been driving closer to him he would have been more seriously injured.

Lesson: Give cyclists and motorcyclists more space in front of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Instinctively beeping at him!?

Whats instinctive about beeping at someone falling over in front of you..

did you see elsewhere someone on after hours posted about being the car behind you when this happened?

That wasn't me if it was at that time. Means another motorcycle accident on the same road for the same reason! :mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry to hear that Faceman, I saw it myself the other day, was going faster than I should have when I was taking the corner but I was fine. Hope the arm mends quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Metal can be replaced,you cant.
    Keep an eye on any cuts or bruises and Take the time to get well and then worry about some metal.

Cheers folks. Back in the hospital tomorrow for a follow up. Elbow still banjaxed!

Advertisement