Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

• 12-12-2016 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Last year's thread located here.

Bit of a meh year last year. We've a young squad this year and it seems they will be much more suited to Long's style of play, as opposed to Liability Lopes.

Squad so far:

Shane Supple GK
    Greg Murray GK (Shelbourne)

Derek Pender RB
    Dan Byrne CB/CM
    Dominic Peppard ??
    Ian Morris CB/LB/CM
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB
    Rob Cornwall CB/RB
    Stephen Best CB/LB
    Warren O'Hora CB

Dean Casey RM?
    Eoin Wearen CM
    Fuad Sule CM
    Phillip Gannon CM??
    Jamie Doyle LM/ST
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/LM/CAM

Dinny Corcoran ST
    Izzy Akinade ST
    Kaleem Simon ST

Ryan Robinson, right back, looks to be on the way over from Shels as well.
    Still a bit light in the middle. I'd like Kurtis Byrne to sign back as well.

We've also some friendlies announced:
    Friday January 20th Porterstown Rd St Mochta’s v Bohemians 7.45pm
    Friday January 27th Venue TBC Shelbourne v Bohemians 7.45pm
    Sunday February 5th Dalymount Park Bohemians v Cobh Ramblers 2pm
    Thursday February 9th City Calling Stadium Longford Town v Bohemians 7.45pm
    Friday February 17th Athlone Town Stadium Athlone Town v Bohemians 7.30pm

Counting down the days until I can once again shout 'Mon Bohs these are shíte!'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Still baffled at the Delaney - Murray switch, Murray ended up being second choice for us most of last season after 19 year old Brady overtook him for first choice. Murray looked hairy in the majority of the games he played.

Jamie Doyle is a decent signing, looked good at 1st Div level and should step up. Ryan Robinson had a lot of hype around him but wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Bohs look very weak in midfield, need alot more quality their.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Still baffled at the Delaney - Murray switch, Murray ended up being second choice for us most of last season after 19 year old Brady overtook him for first choice. Murray looked hairy in the majority of the games he played.
    I'd say Delaney wanted to play regularly, Supple is our no. 1.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

BOHtox wrote: »
    Izzy Akinade ST

Oh

He is still there I see.

Nobody else will take him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I'd say Delaney wanted to play regularly, Supple is our no. 1.

For Bohs sake, you'd better hope he doesn't ditch football again.
    Nobody else will take him

Rightly so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Keith Ward signs as does Oscar Brennan from Cabinteely. Ward is a smashing signing. Really rate him as a player. I think with Wearen and Lopes last year we had two defensive minded centre mids and we lacked that spark of creativity. I really think Ward provides that.

Shane Supple GK
    Greg Murray GK (Shelbourne)

Derek Pender RB
    Dan Byrne CB/CM
    Dominic Peppard ??
    Ian Morris CB/LB/CM
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB
    Rob Cornwall CB/RB
    Stephen Best CB/LB
    Warren O'Hora CB

Dean Casey RM?
    Eoin Wearen CM
    Fuad Sule CM
    Keith Ward CM
    Oscar Brennan CM/CB (Cabinteely)
    Phillip Gannon CM?? (Longford)
    Jamie Doyle LM/ST (Shels)
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/LM/CAM

Dinny Corcoran ST
    Izzy Akinade ST
    Kaleem Simon ST

I dont think we've had a halfway decent creative central mid since Ward's last spell with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Interesting to see Dinny back with us.

My hairline is looking forward to receding every time I watch him take a penalty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Think Ward and Wearen could work as a good centre-mid pairing.

• Advertisement

Think Ward and Wearen could work as a good centre-mid pairing.

Not if the same Eoin from last year shows up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Not if the same Eoin from last year shows up

First spell Eoin would be preferable.

First spell Eoin would be preferable.

Defo, team is shaping up okay at the moment.

Real disappointed to lose Bucko though.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Defo, team is shaping up okay at the moment.

Real disappointed to lose Bucko though.

We might get him back when Bray go under around May/June.

We might get him back when Bray go under around May/June.

Hopefully they wait til the weather gets a bit ****ter so when we go play there im not stuck in the rain.

Bad enough Friday. Didn't look at the races at all.

Great to see a decent crowd though, hopefully any new heads won't be put off.

Dylan Hayes is after signing back. We've been shocking at the back. Hopefully he can sure it up a bit. Pender has been horrific so far this year

Hayes looked solid for the most part last season so happy to see him back.

Pender needs to have a hard look at himself in the mirror. At fault for both goals tonight, he was weak for both goals last year, at least one of the goals against Derry.

Other than that it was a great win to come back from behind. The boys showed great heart. Really think we'll stay up this season

Hayes in for Pender on Monday for sure. I fear Pender is finished, his legs look to be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Great come back. 3 in 3 for Dinny. He looks clueless at times but that's a seriously good start for him.

Bleak enough season so far. Don't know why Poynton and Ward were on the bench for Rovers. Fitzgerland has been poison. Teams are targeting him and it's working for them. He can't take a dead more any more either. We're wasting chances. Simon, for all his hard work, is a headless chicken. We need Akinade back asap!
    Would like to see

Supple
    Pender----Byrne----Cornwall
    Morris
    Kavanagh
    Brennan
    Sule
    Ward
    Poynton
    Dinny

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Bleak enough season so far. Don't know why Poynton and Ward were on the bench for Rovers. Fitzgerland has been poison. Teams are targeting him and it's working for them. He can't take a dead more any more either. We're wasting chances. Simon, for all his hard work, is a headless chicken. We need Akinade back asap!
    Would like to see

Supple
    Morris
    Kavanagh
    Brennan
    Sule
    Ward
    Poynton
    Dinny

Agree with your selection bar Kavanagh. The chap couldn't beat an egg.

I know but we have nobody else :(

Would like to see

Supple
    Morris
    Kavanagh
    Brennan
    Sule
    Ward
    Poynton
    Dinny

In fairness to Simon, he's been out of position most of the season.

Hopefully with Dinny back we'll see how he is out wide.

Sule has been really good. Wins some amount of high balls for such a small lad. Can't understand why he isn't pushed into the box for set pieces.

Would like to see

Supple
    Morris
    Kavanagh
    Brennan
    Sule
    Ward
    Poynton
    Dinny

Keith Long reads Boards.ie :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Forum gone again?

Think it usually does down about this time of year when payment is due. Likely be back up in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No harm posting here til it pops back up, even if it's just a handful of us. Have to say I'm pleasantly suprised with our last 6 points from 9. If we can make it 9 from 12 this weekend vs Drogheda we'd be in a fantastic position. How good is Fuad Sule? A great find. Optimistic about the Drogs game... Kinda...

• Advertisement

Our next 3 games are Drogs (H), Pats (A) and Sligo (H). Another 6 from 9 would be fantastic and should see us with a decent cushion going into tougher games against Cork and Dundalk.

Home form is a worry though, only 7 points from 8 games is the worst in the league.

I'd be confident enough against Drogs at home, they haven't shown me all that much this season, and I'd especially fancy us with a recognised striker up front. Pats away is nearly always a defeat for us but they're struggling lately so who knows. I'd rate Sligo about the same as ourselves so in my opinion that's a coin toss. 6 from 9 would be great. Prob would expect/take 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Beating Galway was one of the best Bohs wins in the last few years IMO. Terryland is a bogey ground for us, and they had built up a good bit of momentum, which we checked. Big win in the relegation scrap. Could be undone if we lose to Drogs or Sligo though. I thought pats would have pulled clear by now, but I still think they will. I'd take 4 points off Drogs and Sligo. 9/9 would have us almost safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

The way the fixtures fall, we will feel like we are safe by about 3/4 the way through each series of games, but then have Cork and Dundalk back to back while the teams around us are playing each other both of those weeks, so there will more than likely be a 6 point swing by the time we play Harps... Drogs, Pats and Sligo games are massive for us to get some breathing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Great idea from the Foundation for tonight's game:

The Bohemian Foundation will tonight welcome residents of three Dublin Direct Provision centres to Dalymount Park...

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=11211

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

frantic190 wrote: »

Seen a couple of clips of his Goals, seems to be a decent goal scorer, was banging them in, in the AUL league (not the best standard), could turn out to be a very good signing as we struggling for Goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Trying to sign Owen Garvan at the minute, but unfortunately the money isn’t there as things currently stand

http://www.the42.ie/owen-garvan-league-of-ireland-move-3420567-Jun2017/

Sounds like there's a fair few clubs in for him, I'd be surprised if we were able to tempt him.

Dinny and Akinade up top for the rest of the year and we can make a late go at qualifying for Europe

https://twitter.com/IzzyAkinade10/status/892135961261469696

Haha yessir

What a team. What a job Long is doing

• Advertisement

9/1 to win last night vs Cork with Paddy Power. Hope someone put a few euro on that. Two stunning results back to back and it has me hyped for Friday. Absolute scenes.

After the 2 big wins and Bray haven't got a point in the last 4 games. Big chance to jump them in the table.

Dust off the passports lads, we're going to Europe :P

I fear Pender is finished, his legs look to be gone.

Delighted to have gotten this badly wrong.

After a dodgy few weeks at the start of the season, he's been fantastic for us and really brings up the performances of those around them. We really missed him when he was injured for a few games, and no surprise it saw our form drop right off.

Delighted to have gotten this badly wrong.

After a dodgy few weeks at the start of the season, he's been fantastic for us and really brings up the performances of those around them. We really missed him when he was injured for a few games, and no surprise it saw our form drop right off.

He still has the legs.

Big difference when he's on as Hayes has a bit to go yet before he's as consistent and Pender

I knew as soon as Fitzgerald came on we weren't going through. He's so past it it's ridiculous. He's a million miles off the pace and he should be allowed nowhere near set pieces. Don't know why Poynton wasn't brought on instead of him

https://twitter.com/LoiTransfers/status/920010372488286209

I'd literally rather shít in my hands and clap than to see this **** put on red and black again

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=11654

Supple signed on until the end of 2019. Brennan to the end of 18. Added to Fudzer, Brennan and O'Hora.

Great to keep Supple. Probably the best goalkeeper in the league and 'tis no wonder why Dundalk were after him.

If we add a handful to what we had last year we can really give Europe a go. A winger and a left back added to Wearen coming back and Akinade for the whole year will probably do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=11654

Supple signed on until the end of 2019. Brennan to the end of 18. Added to Fudzer, Brennan and O'Hora.

Great to keep Supple. Probably the best goalkeeper in the league and 'tis no wonder why Dundalk were after him.

If we add a handful to what we had last year we can really give Europe a go. A winger and a left back added to Wearen coming back and Akinade for the whole year will probably do.

Great news, Supple on a two year deal is a great bit of business

Hopefully we get another year out of Sule but if he was to go to England least we would be owed a fee.

If we can another 1 or 2 decent ballers (Pats gone down will benefit us) and get more consistent in Dalymount next season 3rd/4th is a very realistic option.

Is Long on board already I wonder or is he out of contract too? He's definitely the right man for the job. Hopefully we can keep Croly, Morris, Akinade, Dinny, Wardy and Pender and you've the guts of a squad competing for Europe

• Advertisement
Advertisement