Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm sure Dan Lambert is working on something mad as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyone know whats happening with Paddy Kirk?

Is he gone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Anyone know whats happening with Paddy Kirk?

Is he gone?

He's in the PFAI squad so not signed up for the moment.

Has finished in DCU so probably looking for full time football.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

He's in the PFAI squad so not signed up for the moment.

Has finished in DCU so probably looking for full time football.

Whoever lands him will get themselves a quality fullback. Will be a shame to lose him, especially since it looks like Leahy is gone also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Whoever lands him will get themselves a quality fullback. Will be a shame to lose him, especially since it looks like Leahy is gone also

Pats I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

but1er wrote: »
    Pats I heard

Speaking of Pats, we just signed Glen McAuley from them today. Nice to have another striker on the books.

Apparantly had showed a lot of promise in the youth setup at Liverpool. Obviously didn't set the world alight last year but hopefully Keith Long can work his magic here again. Only 19 so still very young

Don't know too much about him. Hopefully not another Sam Byrne. Surprisingly no connection to Kevin's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Omackeral wrote: »
    Speaking of Pats, we just signed Glen McAuley from them today. Nice to have another striker on the books.

Has talent but is raw. Scored 2 goals in his first 2 games for us but didn't score after that. Wouldn't question his work ethic too much however his positioning could be all over the place and he tended to be got offside a lot. He does have pace and there is a lot of potential there.

Personally I wouldn't have minded him back for next season but neither am I too disappointed that he's gone.

Paddy Kirk re-signed today! Only chuffed with that news ... Super full back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Great to have the squad almost entirely wrapped up before Christmas. Just cover at cb and rb needed really.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Paddy Kirk loyal :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Just cover at cb and rb needed really.

Michael Barker re-signs to cover both positions.

That may well be the squad complete unless there's any surprises (rumours of Andy Lyons going to Crystal Palace).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Barker signed back is great news. Really versatile player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Barker signed back is great news. Really versatile player.
    Very happy with that, never let us down last season. Exciting season ahead

Anyone still waiting on their season ticket / membership? I ordered mine in the middle of November and still no sign ... Was wondering if anyone else is still waiting or do I need to get in touch with the club?

Anyone still waiting on their season ticket / membership? I ordered mine in the middle of November and still no sign ... Was wondering if anyone else is still waiting or do I need to get in touch with the club?

They will be with you by the end of Jan, theres a huge amount of new lads signing up and they are clearing those who signed up with the new online system first.

In other news, next round of funding announced for Dalyer. For the appointment of engineers architects etc....

They will be with you by the end of Jan, theres a huge amount of new lads signing up and they are clearing those who signed up with the new online system first.

In other news, next round of funding announced for Dalyer. For the appointment of engineers architects etc....

Seen a figure of a million quid bandied about

Seen a figure of a million quid bandied about

€€918,750 for the 2nd phase of the project.

• Advertisement

€€918,750 for the 2nd phase of the project.

Really great to see some movement on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It's definitely a major hurdle stepped over. There's a long way to go yet. We still need Tesco to get a deal with the builders and then for there not to be a crash, the LSSIF to be in place next year and then to be successful in applying.

Good to hear the new Stadium will be Cat 3. More turnstiles, more seats, bigger pitch, more places for photographers, more room for cameras etc. It's not just going to be a 6k stadium, it's going to give us more exposure, allow us to grow, play better football etc. The design phase was meant to start last year and it's only starting now and I think the plan was to have it complete by June for it to go to tender then. I'm not sure I see that happening as it currently stands. We probably need another year of Stream 2 funding too to complete the project. Anyway, it's huge news. It's absolutely criminal Harps didn't get a grant to help them build phase 1 of their new stadium too.

https://twitter.com/dlLambo/status/1222987302588309506?s=20

Fantastic numbers. The Jodi will be rocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

https://twitter.com/dlLambo/status/1222987302588309506?s=20

Fantastic numbers. The Jodi will be rocking!

That is great news and lets hope that the stadium is finally on its way now with no more road blocks because that is crucial for the club to take another step forward beyond where it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

any idea when the Rovers tickets will go on sale?

The club are offering Junior gypsie members the option of a ticket, which runs until Wednesday midnight. I assume the Rovers tickets will go on sale after that.

• Advertisement

The club are offering Junior gypsie members the option of a ticket, which runs until Wednesday midnight. I assume the Rovers tickets will go on sale after that.

There’ll be touts looking for them and all I’d say. Happened a few times last year.

Apparantly the general sale tickets for the Rovers game were gone in 3 mins!

Over the sold the jodi on Saturday refunds been issued. Really bad start to the season

Over the sold the jodi on Saturday refunds been issued. Really bad start to the season

Seen that online, bit of a disaster alright. Be fairly disappointed if I was one of the people getting a refund this morning.

Hopefully my season ticket will be in the post box this evening!

Membership was here when I got home.

• Advertisement

Membership was here when I got home.

Still no ST!! Freaking out now ... Gonna give the postman till tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Still waiting on my Membership! Was told to give it to Wednesday at very latest!

major bill wrote: »
    Still waiting on my Membership! Was told to give it to Wednesday at very latest!

Feeling your pain - postman didn't have the season tickets this morning either!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Seen that online, bit of a disaster alright. Be fairly disappointed if I was one of the people getting a refund this morning.

Hopefully my season ticket will be in the post box this evening!

I was one of the unlucky ones. Gutted but can understand it was out of the clubs hand. A token gesture like priority access for another home could have been offered. Don't know if this was possible? Here's the email I received

Dear supporter,

It is with deep regret that we have had to cancel and refund your ticket order for next weekend's season opener against Shamrock Rovers.

Due to a system error with our ticketing service provider, who have taken full responsibility, tickets continued to be sold for several minutes despite the maximum seats available already being sold.

Unfortunately, your order was made after the cut-off point of maximum sales and we have had no option but to void your ticket(s) and refund your payment.

Club officials discussed yesterday ways of trying to reduce the number of cancellations and refunds and we have done our best to do so.

We understand there will be huge disappointment and anger about this but ultimately we have no other option to cancel orders or the Jodi Stand would be overcrowded and pose serious health and safety risks.

Please do not turn up on Saturday. Your ticket has been voided, will not scan and you will be refused refused admission.

We unreservedly apologise for both the disappointment and inconvenience caused by this error.

Board of Bohemian FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Feeling your pain - postman didn't have the season tickets this morning either!! :(

I got last seasons 2 days before the first game. Same last year. The previous year, 2 weeks after the first game but I got a number in the post that I could quote at the gate.

So bohs have no control over the situstion, i heard 200 went on sale and ticket force sold 400. Got home to A membership and a season ticket and only asked for a membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So bohs have no control over the situstion, i heard 200 went on sale and ticket force sold 400. Got home to A membership and a season ticket and only asked for a membership

Apparently both should have the same bar code so only one can be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

bohsman wrote: »
    Apparently both should have the same bar code so only one can be used.

So the 200 tickets were issued twice?

Are you suggesting that if I get down there really early I might get in with my cancelled ticket ?

sorry, my mistake. Having reread your post I'm guessing you're referring to the season ticket/membership card part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yea sorry, the double membership/season ticket part.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

So what where the final numbers for membership and st sales? And how many will go on sale to the general public for each home game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if I havent been told by now, I presume my tickets for Saturday are still valid?

if I havent been told by now, I presume my tickets for Saturday are still valid?

Yes.

away_jersey_reveal_02_medium.jpg?v=1581491115

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I assume they won't be wearing that during the season? Like the Bob Marley one

Should sell a lot more than the usual away jersey. Particularly internationallly.

I love the idea of the shirt & fair play to Des Kelly for allowing the Amnesty Int message to appear on the front of the shirt instead of their own branding. I much prefer this than having a gambling company (and I realise the commercial realities around the reasons for these companies on football shirts & would never condemn a club for doing so, obviously as we've had Mr Green for years) on the front.

I'm not mad on the actual look of the particular slogan on the shirt itself, I think there are much nicer amnesty Int ones like the 'Love knows no borders' slogan which might have looked better on the shirt. However, I've seen this actual logo at events in Ireland so it's especially relevant to Ireland & Bohs who do a good bit for direct provision. Will probably end up getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Omackeral wrote: »
    away_jersey_reveal_02_medium.jpg?v=1581491115

Becoming the weirdest club in Europe. Will claim innovative marketing etc. But this with Bob Marley and the whole hipster vibe from the club is getting very very odd

wadacrack wrote: »
    Becoming the weirdest club in Europe. Will claim innovative marketing etc. But this with Bob Marley and the whole hipster vibe from the club is getting very very odd

Thing is, the club got a lot of coverage out of the Bob Marley jersey (which tbf was a nice jersey).

I like this jersey, not entirely sure about the big logo on the front, probably would have went with the Des Kelly logo on the front and the refugee logo on the sleeve maybe? Will do well internationally though I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Thing is, the club got a lot of coverage out of the Bob Marley jersey (which tbf was a nice jersey).

I like this jersey, not entirely sure about the big logo on the front, probably would have went with the Des Kelly logo on the front and the refugee logo on the sleeve maybe? Will do well internationally though I reckon.

Obviously everyone is welcome to attend football. Singling out refugee's on the front of a shirt is very odd. Unprecedented I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Jersey is nice but do not like the logo.

Its a bit embarrassing trying to pander to the woke crowd. I go to football to escape the hardships of the week and to have a few pints talking absolute scutter in the bar, nobody is going to Dalymount to talk about refugees or the housing crisis. Crowds are up cos people recognize Dalymount is a good place to go on a friday night, as someone once said, a great session ruined by a game of football.

I am sure 99.9% of Bohs Fans/ Irish lads agree refugees are welcome but a members owned club does not need to convey that message on a jersey.

Obviously just my opinion.

Advertisement