Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I presume the members decided on it though?

And it's not just pandering. It's effective marketing too. It starts a conversation and gives the club greater exposure, which may bring in actual sponsorship

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

And it's not just pandering. It's effective marketing too. It starts a conversation and gives the club greater exposure, which may bring in actual sponsorship

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Its all about marketing, sponsors love it, its national news which is not something a LOI away jersey launch gets.

The Bob Marley/Fist jersey made a lot of money for the club and this one will too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Weepsie wrote: »

Weepsie wrote: »

Members don't decide on things like that. This is kinda what annoys members that if messages like this are been broadcast on club jerseys they should really have some say, its our club as much as it's theirs.

I get the marketing element of it and it has worked in the past but always a danger the club will side with something that won't go down well with others.

IMO I'd rather we didn't put stuff like that on the jersey, anyway its not going to get worn as there are rules around putting ''political'' messages on Jerseys,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

major bill wrote: »
    Anyway its not going to get worn as there are rules around putting ''political'' messages on Jerseys,

You could argue, as I'm sure they will, that it's humanitarian rather than political.

Similar to this in a way

cropped_Screen_Shot_2018-06-03_at_11.27.01_AM.png?t=1528163403

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

On RTE Irish Times and Guardian so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Omackeral wrote: »
    You could argue, as I'm sure they will, that it's humanitarian rather than political.

Totally, this is a humanitarian issue, nothing to do with politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Personally I really like the look of the new away jersey. Having the words Love Football Hate Racism on the collar is a nice touch too. Very innovative partnership with Amnesty International too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone know if the new away shirt will be available for sale at the ground on saturday ?

Anyone else still waiting on Season tickets?

Got a mail this morning saying the club will issue e-tickets later today for tomorrow's game. Wish I had them, stressing out & refreshing my email account every 5 mins :(

Taking the buzz out of start of season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Weather warning issued now to the whole country over this Storm Dennis

slight bit worrying, a postponement is the last thing the club needs after the ticket fiasco.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Would have been fine tonight and all

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Fingers crossed, think the worst of it will miss Dublin.

major bill wrote: »
    Weather warning issued now to the whole country over this Storm Dennis

slight bit worrying, a postponement is the last thing the club needs after the ticket fiasco.

Would probably get them out of a hole tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Weather is pretty bad at the moment. Real shame if it does not go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Game should never of went ahead regardless of the result. Bringing Mandroiu was a terrible idea he got booked and done nothing, ref was poor, his two bookings on lyons were very poor, Buckos again soft.. Bad news coming about Talbot in a boot at the moment awaiting x ray results

Think only two of the team that started first game started last night. Some real strength in depth this season.

Think only two of the team that started first game started last night. Some real strength in depth this season.

Great to see.

Thought McAuley was very good last night, gives us a much different option to Wright. He got in behind the Sligo defenders a couple of times and if he can find some form in front of goal, might have got some goals last night. Felt it was something we really struggled with last year, as Wright dropped in too much. Giving defenders something to think about behind them will really gives us a different aspect.

And what a signing Twardek is looking! Another immense perfromance from him. If we get Danny Grant back to fitness, we'll have Grant on one side, Twardek on the other.

Casey and Kelly stepped in and played great as well. Neither put a foot wrong.

Same for McGuinness, looks a very capable replacement for Talbot. Dealt with everything last night, even making a key save just before we got our second.

The squad this year looking very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

As a new season ticket holder some here might be able to help me.

Is there a club store in Dalymount? I couldn't see any. I want to try on the jersey for size.

Where can you figure out how many bars/toilets are in the stadium. Seems to be crazy queues for very few toilets.

Is there a private forum for fans?

When you have a season ticket do you get priority on European games or away games (like away to shams)?

I had thought buying a season ticket might come with more information but it was just the card and their website doesn't seem to answer my questions.

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    As a new season ticket holder some here might be able to help me.

Is there a club store in Dalymount? I couldn't see any. I want to try on the jersey for size.

Where can you figure out how many bars/toilets are in the stadium. Seems to be crazy queues for very few toilets.

Is there a private forum for fans?

When you have a season ticket do you get priority on European games or away games (like away to shams)?

I had thought buying a season ticket might come with more information but it was just the card and their website doesn't seem to answer my questions.

1. Yes, portacabin down beside section G.

2. There are three bars. The Jackie Jameson which is closest to Phibsboro (only open to players and officials etc.). Theres the Members bar in the middle, the one when you turn right as you come in the turnstiles, and the Phoenix Bar, the one at the other end of the stand, get there by turning left as you come in the turnstiles.

There are portaloos at both ends of the grounds. Ones down at Section A (Phibsboro end) are the quietest. There's also toilets just before you go into the Phoenix and then when you go through the Members Bar. There's also a toilet under F&G, which you get to through the doors down that end (you used to be able to get to the bars through this door but not anymore)

3. Thebohs.com is the fans forum.

4. Members will generally get priority, then season ticket holders. Shouldn't be a problem for Rovers away or Euro games (depending on where we are playing. Shels away and Pat's away are ones that might be more difficult.

Friend of mine has set this up fundraiser. Novel enough idea. Have a look and see what you think.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/virtually-sell-out-dalymount?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

Just an update on the fundraiser. 2,400 raised so far! Great return. If you can spare a 5er or 10er maybe consider a donation or, just as important, share the link on social media! ---> Virtually sell out Dalymount

EVPUplbUwAAkBuZ?format=jpg&name=small

Just an update on our Sell Out Dalymount Virtually campaign. Idea is that you buy a beer, pie or ticket as if you were attending the match as normal. We produce ''matchday'' posters vs whoever we would've been facing on the day with some tv/film references added in. Here's a few examples;
    Vs Derry City

EWRvgdwXsAASZX-?format=jpg&name=small

Vs Shelbourne

EWmkm8iXgAA_ihU?format=jpg&name=900x900

Vs Cork City

EW62wHaXQAAjdJq?format=jpg&name=900x900
    We're very close to hitting our next target of €5000 and was hoping maybe one or two could share some of our work and our link if possible! Thank you!

-> Help to virtually sell out Dalymount Park

I am hoping to get some opinions on getting Bohemians gear. I am currently stuck in the US in Chicago and I have been trying to get some Bohemians gear. I really like the gear O'Neills is making at the moment for the club.
    Anyway I go to the clubs online store and e-mail them to see if they are able to ship to the US and I hear back nothing. I check out the elverys site where I have managed to get some Dublin GAA kit from before the virus hit and they have pretty much every League of Ireland team except for Bohemians. What is that all about? I have e-mailed them asking are they going to get some and not heard back.
    Any ideas on what I can do? I am for sure looking to buy the home shorts. Not sure if the new away amnesty international jersey has its own set of shorts because I would buy them as well if they did or do they just use the same shorts on the home and away tops? Not so sure about the third kit. That blue is not very Bohemians like to me. Maybe if it was sky blue like the Dublin GAA colours then I could see that given Bohemians is Dublin's oldest club. But I am still open to that one. Anybody bought that top and if so what do you think? I should say I already have the home and away jersey's. I picked them up when I was home before this bloody virus hit. So beyond the shorts and open to listening about the third kit I would like to pick up some warm up top and bottoms. I liked the 1/4 zip training top that the club store had online in grey but did not see any bottoms.

Any help or advice anybody could provide I would be most appreciative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

The club shop do indeed ship to the US.
    https://www.shop-bohemianfc.com/
    https://twitter.com/thebohsstore

As mentioned above, Elverys generally sell the gear of the clubs with Umbro - Rovers, Pats, Dundalk etc. O'Neills sell our stuff on their site. The club makes more if you buy jerseys from the above link though.

I know from dealing with the girls in the shop, they are volunteers and can get completely overrun sometimes. Especially recently as the shop has been doing incredible business since lockdown. Sometimes, a query may slip through the cracks. They are very responsive on the Twitter page above too.

On the third kit - generally it's an opportunity for clubs to do something outside of the norm. We've used yellow and blue (yellow more prominent) on away kits over the years. Sales of it have been great so far, as they have with all our jerseys this season.

sugarman wrote: »
    O'Neills themselves sell all their gear on their own site and ship to the US.

Just as an FYI O'Neills kind of don't. O'Neills read where your looking at their site and being in the US they block you from using the O'Neills site and instead redirect you to another site which is utter crap and has next to nothing on it available.

- bo - wrote: »
    The club shop do indeed ship to the US.
    https://www.shop-bohemianfc.com/
    https://twitter.com/thebohsstore

As mentioned above, Elverys generally sell the gear of the clubs with Umbro - Rovers, Pats, Dundalk etc. O'Neills sell our stuff on their site. The club makes more if you buy jerseys from the above link though.

I know from dealing with the girls in the shop, they are volunteers and can get completely overrun sometimes. Especially recently as the shop has been doing incredible business since lockdown. Sometimes, a query may slip through the cracks. They are very responsive on the Twitter page above too.

On the third kit - generally it's an opportunity for clubs to do something outside of the norm. We've used yellow and blue (yellow more prominent) on away kits over the years. Sales of it have been great so far, as they have with all our jerseys this season.

Thanks for the response I appreciate that and makes sense. Good to hear that the club shop has been doing so well. That is hopefully helping while there are no games and or fans at the stadium.

As an FYI I finally did get a response from Elverys actually just this morning. According to them it is Bohemians who will not allow the clubs gear to be sold by Elverys and nothing to do with it being made by any particular brand. Pity really as I think the more widely available Bohemians gear is the better.
    It does make sense though that Bohemians make more money if you buy through the clubs store and I will try and do that as much as I can although looking at the club shop online they have a very limited range of items available online.

I hear you on this years jerseys they are very good look great and good quality. As I mentioned I already have the home and away one. I will have to think about the third one.

Thanks again.

Following on from above does anybody know how long Bohemians deal with O'Neills is.

• Advertisement

You're welcome eire4... and good to get that feedback, I was involved with the design of the jerseys :pac:

You're welcome eire4... and good to get that feedback, I was involved with the design of the jerseys :pac:

Well good for you. A big well done and congratulations is deserved for the work you have done with this seasons jersey's.

Anyone receive emails for the club regarding the WATCHLOI pass for ST holders? I saw a post last week saying the club had been in touch but I never got an email (I never do!)

Luke Wade Slater on the way out of the club by end of the month.

The site itself was only launched this morning so I'd say give it a bit of time before the clubs can organise the logins.

Probably best to fire an email to membership@bohemians.ie with your membership/ST number and get on the mailing list in the meantime.

The site itself was only launched this morning so I'd say give it a bit of time before the clubs can organise the logins.

Probably best to fire an email to membership@bohemians.ie with your membership/ST number and get on the mailing list in the meantime.

Thanks, wasn't looking for a login, just to see if anyone else has had an email from the club about any proposals they are putting forward. Just seen if I needed to get in touch

• Advertisement

Luke Wade Slater on the way out of the club by end of the month.

Any takers for him? I don't think it's a huge loss but Long always used to fancy him.

Thanks, wasn't looking for a login, just to see if anyone else has had an email from the club about any proposals they are putting forward. Just seen if I needed to get in touch

Yep - we did get an email a week or two ago, more about the arrangements for match tickets (when all the indications were that we could have crowds of 500, but that's since changed), the only mention of the streaming was that they would be covering our passes for the site.

I've just seen a tweet from the club there - tickets@bohemians.ie is actually the email to get them on for getting yourself on the club email list.

Looking forward to seeing Bohs back in action this weekend, even if we don't get there in person.

Do you think the decision not to strengthen the squad over the break will come back to hurt us? Some of the other sides hoping for Europe have added some interesting signings, Georgie Kelly at Pats & Adam Hammill at Derry to name a few. Be interesting to see how Waterford get on under John Sheridan as well.

We have James Talbot and Dinny back so that's kinda like having a new signing in a way, although I rate McGuiness in goal since he got a chance.

We have James Talbot and Dinny back so that's kinda like having a new signing in a way, although I rate McGuiness in goal since he got a chance.

Yeah having Dinny back is a massive boost. Hoping he can put his injuries worries behind him now and get back to scoring ways.

Great competition for GK.

Would have linked to see another wide player come in. In Danny Grant & Kris Twardek, we have great options, but an injury to either and we're a bit short on quality. In a 13 game scenario, doesn't leave a whole lot of time for a young player to be breed in.

• Advertisement

Would have linked to see another wide player come in. In Danny Grant & Kris Twardek, we have great options, but an injury to either and we're a bit short on quality. In a 13 game scenario, doesn't leave a whole lot of time for a young player to be breed in.

Have you seen Promise Omochere yet? He's exactly what you describe. He came through the system and lined out againt Pats when our ''U19'' team turned them over in the league a couple years ago in Richmond. Has been in starting line ups in the friendlies recently, scored against Dundalk. He looks... promising

Have you seen Promise Omochere yet? He's exactly what you describe. He came through the system and lined out againt Pats when our ''U19'' team turned them over in the league a couple years ago in Richmond. Has been in starting line ups in the friendlies recently, scored against Dundalk. He looks... promising

He looks a good player alright. Just worried about throwing a young player in the deep end when every result between now and the season end will matter so much. No times to make mistakes or let a game go by you.

We'll see, hopefully some our promising young players came make the step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Really impressed with both goalkeeper jerseys, would love to pick one up. Anyone how i could get one?

Try email the club shop, may be able to help you.

Fehérvár FC (HUN)
    Nõmme Kalju FC (EST)
    FK Bodø/Glimt (NOR)

Our potential opponents in Europe. Some great away trips there sadly. Draw 11am Irish tomorrow.

Try email the club shop, may be able to help you.

Fehérvár FC (HUN)
    Nõmme Kalju FC (EST)
    FK Bodø/Glimt (NOR)

Our potential opponents in Europe. Some great away trips there sadly. Draw 11am Irish tomorrow.

Hungary it is so. Is this likely to go ahead there or end up in a neutral venue I wonder.

As things stand, it will go ahead there.

Pretty tough draw for Bohs.

The draw today has really heightened the fact we can't attend games. Was really looking forward to heading over midweek for a European tie.

On paper these should slaughter us. Formerly known as Videoton and have been group stagers recently enough. Actually got to the UEFA Cup final in 1985 too. Still though, anything can happen in 90 minutes.

We'll bury them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is it gonna be on TV?

If it is it won't be on RTE anyway. Most likely will be a dodgy stream from Hungarian domestic tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement