Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Leahy re-signing is huge. You think that's a big statement too from the club that Long and Croly are staying.

2019 squad:
    Supple
    Leahy
    Corcoran

Arguably if you could hand pick 3 players to sign on it would be them three first.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You have to think if Leahy's re-signed that Long's going nowhere.

If we can keep Kelly now it would be incredible.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You'd think players like Buckley who have tried it elsewhere and came back will stay. Pender too. Wardy.

So with that in mind if you pick the next 3 you want signed up it would probably be Kelly, Casey and Lunney.

Last year we had the guts of the squad signed by christmas and a few on two year deals. Hopefully we can do the same this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

As much as I want to think leahy will be their start of next season, I find it hard to belive, far to good and contract is their just to get a transfer fee which I'd say be tidy amount.. I hope I'm wrong

Fair play to him for signing a contract and letting us get a fee the same way O'Hora and Fudzer did. He could have left us for free. He knows Bohs aren't going to stand in his way though.

If he does stay and we can keep a few more and maybe add a bit we shouldn't be a million miles off Europe

Rumours of o Neills kit been announced tomorrow and a pride Jersey (white with pride stripe down the crest)

but1er wrote: »
    Rumours of o Neills kit been announced tomorrow and a pride Jersey (white with pride stripe down the crest)

Left out my favourite bit, theirs a famous face on the Jersey...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It’s defo O’Neills next season anyway.

Left out my favourite bit, theirs a famous face on the Jersey...

Do tell do tell

Great having the new Jersey out before Christmas anyway

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »
    Do tell do tell

Great having the new Jersey out before Christmas anyway

Apparently Bob Marley, so I heard

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ah jaysus.

That would be abstract alright.

Dan Lambert tweeted "Don't worry... This won't disappoint" or words to that effect.

Don't worry about a thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

One the one hand the jersey is a massive joke and a disgrace to all the true club legends who've put so much in to the club both on and off the field.

On the other, I kind of want one.

What the fúck we're they thinking

• Advertisement

It's a cracking bit work. All Marley football fans will want one. It's simple marketing

Sell it as a seperate product if you want to make some money, it shouldn't be our actual kit.

Bit fan. Well produced, well put together and all over social media.

You can question the reason for why Marley is on it and you'd be dead right to but it's abstract.

I never get the jersey and will get one and think it will sellout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bit fan. Well produced, well put together and all over social media.

You can question the reason for why Marley is on it and you'd be dead right to but it's abstract.

I never get the jersey and will get one and think it will sellout.

Same as myself, havent bought a Bohs jersey in years but will get this.

The idea is ridiculous yet brilliant at the same time.

Great bit of news as Long signs on a 3 year deal with Croly as his assistant. The backbone to the senior team, but also the entire club. Long places a big emphasis on the youth structure and he's as big as any signing we make this year. Delighted with Croly too. Defensively a very good coach and very suited to the number 2 position. Seems to be a great rapport between the two.

Also, Grant was signed up already apparently from last year. And the squad looks like this now:

Shane Supple GK
    Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    Darragh Leahy LB
    Danny Grant RM
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Dinny Corcoran ST

Ryan Graydon and Promise Omochere have signed too, presumably for the 19s.

Out of contract:
    Colin McCabe GK
    Dan Casey CB
    Dan Byrne CB/CM
    Paddy Kirk LB/CB
    Kevin Devanney LM/RM
    Oscar Brennan CM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB
    Ian Morris CB/CL/CM
    JJ Lunney CM
    Dan Kelly RM
    Robbie McCourt LB/CM
    Eoghan Stokes CAM/ST/LM
    Ryan Swan ST
    Christian Magerusan ST
    Ryan Masterson ST
    Ali Regbha ST

Hoping a good chunk of those re-sign, namely Kelly, Casey, Lunney, Buckley, Morris and Devanney.

Good to have our two players in the PFAI team of the year signed up already though. Hope we hear more over the next week or two. Would be nice to have a core of 16-18 signed soon and then just hear of some transfer additions over the off-season as opposed to rumours of us losing players.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=13186

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dano Kelly won't be signing, think that's pretty much set in stone unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

A few clubs in England looking at Regbha

Lunney gone to Waterford too. Hard to see this patch of losing our best players every year ending soon until the Dalyer job is done.

Morris all but officially gone to Shels. I'd say that will be announced this week.
    Casey in talks with Rovers. Regbha and Kelly in talks with England. We're losing our best players and meanwhile we donate 10% of our jersey sales to charity while on the other hand they ask members to dig deep to financially support the club. Direct Provision needs a bit more funding but a small team in North Dublin isn't responsible for that. A few bucket collections would suffice.

We desperately need to get a few more players signed back up before I start sleeping easy. If we lose all of the above then Robbie McCourt you would see fitting in to the Lunney role so get him signed back up. Devanney, Buckley, Kirk and Magerusan too. Was hopeful we could keep the bulk of the squad and add one or two but looks like we could be building half the squad again like every other year

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

... Was hopeful we could keep the bulk of the squad and add one or two but looks like we could be building half the squad again like every other year

Well unfortunately that's the way it's going to be for us for the short to medium term. Having said that, we have proved that we can attract players who haven't been successful elsewhere and if they perform to their ability they can then earn a move to full-time football and earn a decent crust. We also have some decent kids coming through too so it's not all doom and gloom.

Not a good few days with the jersey getting pulled and losing a few players. Wasn't able to make the members' meeting tonight but hope to hear what happened over the next day or so.

Anyway,

Shane Supple GK
    Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    Darragh Leahy LB
    Danny Grant RM
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Dinny Corcoran ST

Ryan Graydon and Promise Omochere have signed too, presumably for the 19s.

Out of contract:
    Colin McCabe GK
    Paddy Kirk LB/CB
    Kevin Devanney LM/RM
    Oscar Brennan CM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB
    Dan Kelly RM
    Robbie McCourt LB/CM
    Eoghan Stokes CAM/ST/LM
    Ryan Swan ST
    Christian Magerusan ST
    Ryan Masterson ST
    Ali Regbha ST

Transfers:
    In:

Out:
    Ian Morris (Shels)
    JJ Lunney (Waterford)
    Dan Casey (Cork)
    Dan Byrne (Shels)
    Jamie Hamilton (Released)

Was hearing we have 3 players on trial in England too. Kelly, Regbha presumably. Not sure on the third. Hopefully we get a few more signed up over the next week or so and start rebuilding the squad.

Rumours that Luke Byrne has agreed to sign....

He's one player I wouldn't welcome back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Jaysus was only wondering what was happening with him.

Good player though.

We've a better left back and he's had serious injury issues since leaving us.

That said, if Long reckons he can play a role, that's good enough for me.

• Advertisement

I’d imagine he’d come in as a centre half, talk of him coming into Morris’s role as head of youth development.

He's one player I wouldn't welcome back.

I can think of another I wouldn't welcome back too who we're linked to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I can think of another I wouldn't welcome back too who we're linked to.

Izzy any good this fella?

Akinad say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I was certain Byrne was going to become a regular Ireland full back when he was coming through at Bohs. After 5 injury plagued years I certainly wouldn’t have him at LB ahead of Leahy and I think Kirk has bags of potential. If it was a pay as you play deal trying him out at CB may work out. I’d imagine he regrets his actions as a very young man when he left Bohs. Give the guy a chance I say

He wasn't great any time I've seen him against us. Bottled taking a throw in beside us too. Fouled Grant in the box in Tallaght too and should have been a penalty. He's a Rovers so and so as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's so important we get Kirk and Buckley and a few others signed back up asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was rumour of him to us.... Also Conan Byrne but seems he may be going your way too.

Was rumour of him to us.... Also Conan Byrne but seems he may be going your way too.

Conan said on his podcast that Keith long rang him at the end of every season to try sign him so I'm not surprised by that. Conan still probably has a year left in him but I'm not sure that's on the wing. We struggled with kavanagh on the wings last year because Dinny likes to drop deep and when Kelly came in he provided that pace and directness in behind. I can see Byrne playing second fiddle to Wardy, who Long seems to think he only has 60 or 70 minutes in him.

• Advertisement

Two in today, midfielder Conor Levingston and goalkeeper James Talbot.

McCourt and Magerusan re-signed.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=13260

Good signings on the face of it.

Levingston seems a real prospect. Seemed to be highly rated on the Wolves forum. He's left footed too which adds great balance to the team having lost Morris and Lunney. Unfortunate we couldn't sign him on a two year deal.

James Talbot in as backup keeper. Realistically, there's still gonna be 10 games or so where he will play so the move will be good for his development learning from the best keeper in the league too. Bohs fan too apparently. Hard on Colin McCabe, presumably, getting let go. Seemed like a decent keeper and loved playing for us. I'd say it's likely if Talbot didn't present himself then he'd still be there.

Christian Magerusan is a quality striker. Much different to Dinny. Dinny has an eye for goal but likes to drop deep and links up very well. His link up play with Wardy and Kelly at the end of the year was magnificent. Magerusan seems to be a real no. 9 though. Plays on the shoulder of the last defender, good pace, strength. Was very impressed with him when I saw him. We had Stokes play up top last year. While Stokes is a good player he's not a no.9.

Robbie McCourt. I'll liken him to Casey. Casey came in halfway through a season and was poor but a good pre-season made all the difference. McCourt looked okay but not great. He's obviously a good player and a full pre-season working on shape, his role, fitness etc will surely do him the world of good.

Not too long ago we were getting linked with Luke Byrne, Conan Byrne, Conor Kenna, Paul Keegan, Killian Brennan etc. While a few of those would be good but you know Long is about giving the youth a chance and signing young players you may never heard of but turn out to be gems. Hopefully one or two more come and one or two more re-sign pretty soon.

I'd take a risk on Georgie Poynton. Obviously carries a bit of weight but a good player who scored a few goals for us. He's the level we can afford too. Paul Keegan would be an improvement on Oscar Brennan and Dano Byrne too. We've the makings of a good squad

Squad up to 14 now:
    Shane Supple GK
    James Talbot GK

Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Danny Grant RM
    Conor Levingston CM
    Robbie McCourt CM/LB/CB
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Promise Omochere RM
    Ryan Graydon LM

Christian Magerusan ST
    Dinny Corcoran ST 

Poynton was one of the stand out players the first half of last season but it seemed to me he had a falling out with Long.

Poynton was one of the stand out players the first half of last season but it seemed to me he had a falling out with Long.

Agreed I thought he was very good. He carries a bit of weight but he was a "man" so to speak. Stepped up to take a penalty and scored in Tallaght, always put the foot in etc.

He took a penalty in Limerick and missed. An awful peno. Straight at the keeper. I don't know whether he just fell out of favour or had an argument or just lost his place or what. He scored a few goals in that half a season too. About 6 from midfield. He's only 21 or so and with our current budget it could be all we could afford.

Supple just hung up the gloves. Hip injury sadly. James tolbot a great replacement

A class act on and off the pitch, as confirmed by his statement. Sad day for the club and himself. Can only wish him the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I watched Levingston play for ire u19, in the same team as Leahy, Trevor Clarke and Lunney. He is a very good player. Surprised he is back playing in Ireland so soon. I thought he had a chance of becoming a EPL Championship first teamer so he defiantly has the potential to make an impact next season.

A class act on and off the pitch, as confirmed by his statement. Sad day for the club and himself. Can only wish him the best of luck.

His statement was pure class. He could have played for anyone and he chose us. He saw the bigger picture in the first team and the future which was created by Keith Long. He embodied everything it meant to be a Bohemian. I hope to God he sticks around in some form at Bohs. Would be a great addition to the youth teams and has the temperment, man management and leadership for coaching and management.

Squad down to 13 obviously with Supple being forced to retire. What a servant to the club.

James Talbot GK

Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Danny Grant RM
    Conor Levingston CM
    Robbie McCourt CM/LB/CB
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Promise Omochere RM
    Ryan Graydon LM

Christian Magerusan ST
    Dinny Corcoran ST

Some clearout taking place too.
    Out of contract:
    Paddy Kirk LB/CB
    Kevin Devanney LM/RM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB
    Dan Kelly RM
    Eoghan Stokes CAM/ST/LM
    Ryan Swan ST
    Ryan Masterson ST
    Ali Regbha ST

Transfers:
    In:
    James Talbot (Sunderland)
    Conor Levingston (Wolves)

Out:
    Ian Morris (Shels)
    JJ Lunney (Waterford)
    Dan Casey (Cork)
    Dan Byrne (Shels)
    Shane Supple (Retired)
    Colin McCabe (Released)
    Oscar Brennan (Bohs B/ Shels)

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=13297

Few good signings in today.
    Niall Corbett GK, 24
    Michael Barker RB/CB/LB 25
    Danny Mandroiu CM 20
    James Finnerty CB 19

With Paddy Kirk LB/CB, 20, and Ryan Swan ST, 22, re-signing.

Squad up to 19 now:
    James Talbot GK
    Niall Corbett

Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Michael Barker RB/CB/LB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    James Finnerty CB
    Paddy Kirk LB/CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Danny Grant RM
    Conor Levingston CM
    Danny Mandroiu CM
    Robbie McCourt CM/LB/CB
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Promise Omochere RM
    Ryan Graydon LM

Christian Magerusan ST
    Dinny Corcoran ST
    Ryan Swan ST

Out of contract:
    Kevin Devanney LM/RM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB
    Dan Kelly RM
    Eoghan Stokes CAM/ST/LM
    Ryan Masterson ST
    Ali Regbha ST

Transfers:
    In:
    James Talbot (Sunderland)
    Conor Levingston (Wolves)
    Niall Corbett (Waterford)
    Danny Mandroiu (Brighton)
    James Finnerty (Rochdale)
    Michael Barker (St Pats)

Out:
    Ian Morris (Shels)
    JJ Lunney (Waterford)
    Dan Casey (Cork)
    Dan Byrne (Shels/Bohs B)
    Shane Supple (Retired)
    Colin McCabe (Released)
    Oscar Brennan (Bohs B/ Shels)

Squad starting to take shape now. Was getting worried we hadn't signed anyone over the last few weeks but it always amazes me the players Long can find. Some really highly rated players there.

It seems Dan Kelly will sign for Bolton, I wonder can Mandroiu do a job at right mid. He seems to be a Number 10 but maybe if he has pace he can do a job out right.

Barker is a decent player. I wonder is the cover at right back meaning we are expecting Lyons to sign for Wolves.

Have a funny feeling Masterson, Buckley and Devanney are gonna re-sign. So would that still leave room for Paul Keegan, who's rumoured? Hard to know exactly where these lads play, it just broadly says 'midfielder' or 'defender' online anywhere I've looked.

Jesus it's a long off-season. Would love if the season was a week or two longer at the end

I don't know most of these players we've signed. Trusting Long knows what he's doing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement