Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Barker played with us before a few years ago. the rest I haven't a clue about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Barker wasn't up to much when he was with us or any time I saw him play against us afterwards. Can only presume he's in as cover for Lyons at RB because even young Kirk I'd rate higher than Barker.

Corbett should be sub keeper to Talbot. Corbet seems like a decent keeper but Talbot seems very promising, even was in the conversation for next Sunderland GK before Pickford got it at the time.

The rest, and Talbot as well to be fair, seem promising from what I'm reading and Bohs is a good place for them to learn to play the game the right way under Long and Croly.

I know I'm like a broken record at this stage but would love if there guys do well throughout the year that there'll be a few 2 year deals handed out. Even just 3,4,5 of them so if they go to England we can get a bit of money for them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Long says he's been after Barker the last two years, so he must rate him. I'd expect Bucko to re-sign and hopefully Devaney as well.

Squad is starting to come together now but defo a few unknown quantities in there. Hopefully won't take too long to bed in as we have an Irn-Bru cup to win.

Rumours Paul Keegan gonna be announced soon. You gotta say he'll be an improvement on Oscar Brennan and Dan Byrne. He'll bring vital experience to our young squad too. Really rate him as a player and leader.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

He was excellent in his first spell with us. But TNS...

Also he's 34 so I don't know myself. I'll wait to see how he does on the pitch before I decide.

He was excellent in his first spell with us. But TNS...

Also he's 34 so I don't know myself. I'll wait to see how he does on the pitch before I decide.

I was only an associate member at that stage and luckily was away in the Gaeltacht so I missed both matches. Couldn't believe the scores when my dad was texting them to me. Thought he was taking the piss.

Did Keegan start the nonsense about bonuses? Allegedly

With his CDM role he probably has a year or two left at this level. His role doesn't deteriorate with age like we'll say Dan Kelly's will. He'll hopefully be a good experienced head around the dressing room and a leader on the pitch. An upgrade on Dano Byrne and Oscar Brennan, but Keego isn't getting that goal in tallaght

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=13308
    Squad up to 20 now with kevin Devanney re-signing. Very god news. Good player, likes to have a go, can beat a player and he works very hard.

Squad up to 20 now:
    James Talbot GK
    Niall Corbett GK

Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Michael Barker RB/CB/LB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    James Finnerty CB
    Paddy Kirk LB/CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Danny Grant RM
    Conor Levingston CM
    Danny Mandroiu CM
    Robbie McCourt CM/LB/CB
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Promise Omochere RM
    Ryan Graydon LM
    Kevin Devanney LM/RM

Christian Magerusan ST
    Dinny Corcoran ST
    Ryan Swan ST

Out of contract:
    Keith Buckley CM/RB
    Dan Kelly RM
    Eoghan Stokes CAM/ST/LM
    Ryan Masterson ST
    Ali Regbha ST

Transfers:
    In:
    James Talbot (Sunderland)
    Conor Levingston (Wolves)
    Niall Corbett (Waterford)
    Danny Mandroiu (Brighton)
    James Finnerty (Rochdale)
    Michael Barker (St Pats)

Out:
    Ian Morris (Shels)
    JJ Lunney (Waterford)
    Dan Casey (Cork)
    Dan Byrne (Shels/Bohs B)
    Jamie Hamilton (Released)
    Shane Supple (Retired)
    Colin McCabe (Released)
    Oscar Brennan (Bohs B/ Shels)

Hopefully we'll hear of Buckley re-signing soon. Keegan went to Bray which was a bit of a surprise because by all accounts we were interested in him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered more there.

Hard to know what else we need. Maybe a centre half, a cdm, Buckley and a winger (preferably left footed).

Squad shaping up nicely and probably nearly complete. Lasy year we started with about 25 and then reduced it to 22 or so in July. So I'd still expect a few more bodies.

Keith buckley re-signed. Contract on the table for Dan Kelly too. Be great if he stayed

Football wise it's a no brainer for Kelly to re-sign.

There is other factors at play though and bills have to be paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

3 days till fixtures can't wait

• Advertisement

Football wise it's a no brainer for Kelly to re-sign.

There is other factors at play though and bills have to be paid.

Exactly. Football wise he'd be playing every week at Bohs and at Dundalk there would possibly be two or three ahead of him. Money is definitely the issue.

It is such a shame we can't offer him some sort of a 2 year deal and then command a fee for him in the future, but it is good to see we have offered him something.

It's possibly something that will continue to happen until the new stadium is built, our debts are paid off and crowds are ~50% higher

Ordered season ticket on 7th Jan still no word by email or Twitter, must be some back log

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

but1er wrote: »
    Ordered season ticket on 7th Jan still no word by email or Twitter, must be some back log

I wouldn't be worried, contact the club maybe next week, last season cards usually valid first game so people can collect, that's usually the way its done, should be fine this year with the opening fixture.

I know membership cards generally arrive a few weeks into the season and as far as I know so do season tickets. Normally last years card is sufficient at the gate for the first few games. Exception was last season when we played them in the first game.

I would say if you explain at the turnstile you'll be fine if you don't have last seasons.

Anyone got Chris Forrester number? Get him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

What's the craic with season tickets? Ordered 3 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived yet. Have last season's in the wallet, will it get me in?

LeBash wrote: »
    What's the craic with season tickets? Ordered 3 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived yet. Have last season's in the wallet, will it get me in?

I'm the same with the membership. My dad rang the club earlier in the week and said they should be available to collect at the east Fife match on Saturday, all going well, so I imagine if not collected then they'll be posted out

BOHtox wrote: »
    I'm the same with the membership. My dad rang the club earlier in the week and said they should be available to collect at the east Fife match on Saturday, all going well, so I imagine if not collected then they'll be posted out

Email sent to members confirming available for collection Sat, any not collected will be sent on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Will the cup game Sat possibly be live on tv online etc or highlights be shown after,
    My first post in your megathread.
    I come in peace loi brethren.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Assume it's not on TV.

Might get highlights if Dotsy is videoing it himself, think he uploaded the peno shoot out of the last round.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Thanks and fingers crossed you pick up a decent home win!

davycc wrote: »
    Will the cup game Sat possibly be live on tv online etc or highlights be shown after,

No but the semi final (should we progress) will be live on BBC Alba and BT Sport!

So Luke Wade Slater, Scott Allardice and Sam Byrne sign taking the squad to 24.

Dan Kelly departed to Dundalk.

Transfers:
    In:
    James Talbot (Sunderland)
    Conor Levingston (Wolves)
    Niall Corbett (Waterford)
    Danny Mandroiu (Brighton)
    James Finnerty (Rochdale)
    Michael Barker (St Pats)
    Luke Wade-Slater (Stevenage)
    Scott Allardice (Dundee United)
    Sam Byrne (Dundak)

Out:
    Ian Morris (Shels)
    JJ Lunney (Waterford)
    Dan Casey (Cork)
    Dan Byrne (Shels/Bohs B)
    Jamie Hamilton (Released)
    Shane Supple (Retired)
    Colin McCabe (Released)
    Oscar Brennan (Bohs B/ Shels)
    Dan Kelly (Dundalk)
    Eoghan Stokes (Released)
    Ryan Masterson (Released)

Squad:
    James Talbot GK
    Niall Corbett GK

Andy Lyons RB
    Derek Pender RB
    Michael Barker RB/CB/LB
    Rob Cornwall CB
    James Finnerty CB
    Paddy Kirk LB/CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Luke Wade-Slater RM/RB
    Danny Grant RM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB
    Scott Allardice CM/CB
    Danny Mandroiu CM
    Conor Levingston CM
    Robbie McCourt CM/LB/CB
    Keith Ward CAM/LM
    Promise Omochere RM
    Kevin Devanney LM/RM
    Ryan Graydon LM

Christian Magerusan ST
    Dinny Corcoran ST 
    Ryan Swan ST
    Sam Byrne ST

Think our squad is very good all things considered. Byrne could really challenge Dinny for our main striker and Christian Magerusan is a very good young player. I wonder will Ward be shifted out left to accommodate Mandroiu.

Very happy from the whispers that the players who are coming in are told that they are gonna be keeping the ball on the ground this coming year and by all accounts from pre-season that's what we have been doing too

Omackeral wrote: »

No but the semi final (should we progress) will be live on BBC Alba and BT Sport!
    Cheers Mack dude hope you hammer them Sat..I love BBC alba like a slightly more sexy Tg4 lol.
    I'm a shels fan for my sins but I have been made feel at home by the friends in the bohs foundation, play walking football most weeks,
    Gentlemen to a fault.

Think Margeruson out for season

• Advertisement

Cheers Mack dude hope you hammer them Sat..I love BBC alba like a slightly more sexy Tg4 lol.
    I'm a shels fan for my sins but I have been made feel at home by the friends in the bohs foundation, play walking football most weeks,
    Gentlemen to a fault.

Come to the dark side. Look into your heart, you know it to be true.

Was told there was 25-30 new full members signed up for this year. Good to see this area growing

Was told there was 25-30 new full members signed up for this year. Good to see this area growing

I'm one, btw East ffie 2/1 to best bohs tomorrow. Did they not Bring a team over

I'm one, btw East ffie 2/1 to best bohs tomorrow. Did they not Bring a team over

Sure we're unbeaten in months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's the story with Stokes? Is it true he's off to Boavista?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

how is man find home boh shirt to wear onlnie? i knot see any to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

how is man find home boh shirt to wear onlnie? i knot see any to buy?

https://www.shop-bohemianfc.com/

Check on there after the East Fife match later today and the home jersey will be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

just on the jerseys, is there a size guide online? Looking for a couple for the kids - difficult to know the right sizes to order in the boys sizing

just on the jerseys, is there a size guide online? Looking for a couple for the kids - difficult to know the right sizes to order in the boys sizing

Pop them over an email, I'm sure the girls in the shop would be able to give you a good indication.

Gonna pop over to this early for a few pints and then in to town for the rugby. Looking forward to the new lads, the shape, trying to ball, jelling new players, debuts etc more so than a win. It's a glorified preseason friendly in a lot of ways but it beats anything we've had in previous years so I'm all over it.

I presume pints in plastic cups in the Jodi is a runner?

Gonna pop over to this early for a few pints and then in to town for the rugby. Looking forward to the new lads, the shape, trying to ball, jelling new players, debuts etc more so than a win. It's a glorified preseason friendly in a lot of ways but it beats anything we've had in previous years so I'm all over it.

I presume pints in plastic cups in the Jodi is a runner?

Another way of looking at it is that if we win, it's a cup semi final to look forward to. Plastic pints were no hassle vs Sutton so that would be belter if it goes again!

If only we had a plastic pitch.

Give them the walk over and move on

Yeah I actually feel bad for the degree we have done them out of it. They were supposed to play us in October but we moved that to February because we had no players. Then we call it off and the game against Ross County is in two weeks time. Little time to play the re-arranged game. I'd definitely play it in Scotland or give them the walkover tbh.

It's a good idea for a tournament but the crossover of seasons makes it logistically tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Anyone know the opening hours of the physical shop? Wanna get a few bits but forgot my wallet last night. Thanks

• Advertisement

eire1 wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours of the physical shop? Wanna get a few bits but forgot my wallet last night. Thanks

No real set hours I don't think as it's run by volunteers. Drop the girls an email at store@bohemians.ie, they will be able to tell you when they are about. You could risk calling in normal business hours, someone is normally knocking about.

Two good games and two good wins. I remember the feeling for many at the start of the season was "okay, if we're to stay up it's gonna be UCD and Harps who are behind us". I've seen nothing to suggest either will finish ahead of us. Now, and I know it's early, but we might be hoping Cork or Sligo might not be at it this year and we can push up a little bit.

Good crowd too. 1600 and practically all Bohs.

Played nice football against Harps and unlucky not to put away more chances.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Two good games and two good wins. I remember the feeling for many at the start of the season was "okay, if we're to stay up it's gonna be UCD and Harps who are behind us". I've seen nothing to suggest either will finish ahead of us. Now, and I know it's early, but we might be hoping Cork or Sligo might not be at it this year and we can push up a little bit.

Good crowd too. 1600 and practically all Bohs.

Never seen the bowl so full for a Bohs match, was incredible.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Never seen the bowl so full for a Bohs match, was incredible.

Their average last year was around 300 a game I think. So last night was easily 5 times their usual crowd.

It's happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Lads if ye played rovers every week ye would be invincible!

It's happened again.

Another Stephen Bradley Cup in the trophy cabinet.

The trophy cabin must be getting very happy, get in

• Advertisement

Good news on the accounts front. Income up, attendances up, creditors down.

Attendances up 30% in 18 and looking like an we can maintain and maybe improve that this year too.

The longer we stay in Dalymount the more we outgrow it. We have a huge area to grow in to, a good product but unfortunately when I started going to matches the Jodi was probably the best stand in the league but it hasn't gotten a lick of paint since.

Derry looks like it could sellout. We got 3600 vs Rovers but we easily could have gotten another 2000 on top of that. How many are delaying bringing their kids because the toilets etc aren't up to scratch? We could average >3,000 home fans in this new stadium. I hope to God that Brexit or the hospital overrun doesn't delay it any further.

Advertisement