Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Visitor centre foor Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

My understanding is that JP is fronting €10 million, which would indicate they may well wish to raise more.

This is a huge sum of money, to put it in context, King Johns Castle got €6 million and they did an excellent job on that.

There is no downside here, altho I can understand the frustration of people who do not identify with Rugby, this will open up two eyesores on our main street adding to footfall on a block that badly needs it....

Between this and the Limerick Museum which is supposedly going into The Franciscans the city centre, and what is already in The Hunt/St Marys Cathedral/King Johns Castle, the city centre will really offer a proper weekend breakaway experience for anyone willing to risk visiting Limerick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Sounds good. Fair play to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

My understanding is that JP is fronting €10 million, which would indicate they may well wish to raise more.

Hopefully it's the same €10 million that he was giving to the bridge but has instead chosen to put it into this much more worthy project!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

zulutango wrote: »
    Hopefully it's the same €10 million that he was giving to the bridge but has instead chosen to put it into this much more worthy project!

Hopefully it's not as the bridge should be built but from Cleeves to Lower Cecil Street. They're both very worthy projects

Hopefully it's not as the bridge should be built but from Cleeves to Lower Cecil Street. They're both very worthy projects

The bridge project, in its current incarnation (routing across the mouth of the Abbey River) is not a worthy project by any means.

A bridge elsewhere may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

zulutango wrote: »
    The bridge project, in its current incarnation (routing across the mouth of the Abbey River) is not a worthy project by any means.

A bridge elsewhere may be.

I never said it was worthy in it's proposed current location. If a certain private individual wants to donate €10m to the City to build a bridge, we should take it and utilise it to link one of the largest development sites (in the near future)directly to the City Centre.
    But let's not make this thread about the bridge (again)

I never said it was worthy in it's proposed current location. If a certain private individual wants to donate €10m to the City to build a bridge, we should take it and utilise it to link one of the largest development sites (in the near future)directly to the City Centre.
    But let's not make this thread about the bridge (again)

I'm in favour of the bridge going elsewhere (the site from Cleeves to Lower Cecil Street would be ideal, I agree), but that's not the plan, and it's not what JP has given his money for. If he wants to give money for that then fair enough.

Anyway, back to the rugby visitor centre discussion ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I think it will be a great addition to the city centre, bringing in more jobs in the construction phase and again when it opens to the public...it will also help put Limerick on the map and perhaps willl help with Thomand Park bid to be part of the world cup rugby bid for 2023

Advertisement