Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timelapse Question/ Leaving Camera in the wild

• 12-12-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

So I'm moving country in a few weeks and I wanted to get a few nice timelapses of Ireland.

I wanted to leave my camera around various locations in Galway but I'm terrified it will get stolen!

Is there anyway way to combat this besides sitting next to the camera for 5-6 hours? Like locking it to something?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yedya wrote: »
    I wanted to leave my camera around various locations in Galway but I'm terrified it will get stolen!

Is there anyway way to combat this besides sitting next to the camera for 5-6 hours? Like locking it to something?

I wouldn't trust my camera in the wild. I'd barely trust giving it to someone I know.

Even if you could lock the camera body to something, they could still take the lens, memory cards, battery, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Silva360

So I'm moving country in a few weeks and I wanted to get a few nice timelapses of Ireland.

Thanks

If you can steal a bike with the best lock, you can steal a camera. No doubt whatsoever.

If it was in the countryside, completely camouflaged and waterproofed, then you would probably be ok.

Six hours is a long time. You could do darkness, through sunrise, and into full daylight in about two hours max. The same at the other end of the day, in reverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Thanks

Lock it to you. This is the only way id do it in Ireland. Theres nowhere id leave gear unattended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Thanks guys!

Advertisement