Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectoring turned off on my Cab dropping me to a 40MB profile after 2 yrs of 70mb soli

Options
  • 12-12-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi .. just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.  Ive had pretty much solid 70mb down 20mb up Broadband only from Eir for the last approx. 2years.  3 weeks ago we lost connection and after many Tech callouts, Eir finally mentioned today that there was an issue with vectoring at the cab and its now turned off.  This meant that my profile was dropped to a 40mb/10mb speed.  Was then advised that it was unlikely that the vectoring would be turned back on and that this was the best that could now be offered??  I understand that this is the best speed I can get right now .. I don't understand why the vectoring issue cannot resolved ?  Any one else experience this level of service and support.  Has been bad as so many local have been dropped and not actually told why or that it may be a permanent drop ??

Very frustrated to say the least ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

paddybudg wrote: »
    Hi .. just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.  Ive had pretty much solid 70mb down 20mb up Broadband only from Eir for the last approx. 2years.  3 weeks ago we lost connection and after many Tech callouts, Eir finally mentioned today that there was an issue with vectoring at the cab and its now turned off.  This meant that my profile was dropped to a 40mb/10mb speed.  Was then advised that it was unlikely that the vectoring would be turned back on and that this was the best that could now be offered??  I understand that this is the best speed I can get right now .. I don't understand why the vectoring issue cannot resolved ?  Any one else experience this level of service and support.  Has been bad as so many local have been dropped and not actually told why or that it may be a permanent drop ??

Hi paddybudg

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will take a look into this for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paddybudg

Hi paddybudg

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Stacey
    Hi Stacey, I have just send you a PM.  thanks in advance for your assistance and any help you can get in restoring previous level of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paddybudg

Hi paddybudg

Thanks

Stacey
    Hi Stacey, I have just send you a PM.  thanks in advance for your assistance and any help you can get in restoring previous level of service.
    Hi Stacey
    Just wondering if you have had a chance to review my query ?
    Many thanks,
    Gareth

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Interesting issue. First time I've seen that.

OpenEir agreed when they got permission to vector that if it caused problems it would be shut down. Of its been found to be interfering with another cab, exchange, or any other comms kit it would have to be disabled permanently. 

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Captain Halibut

Glad I found this thread. Like your numbers, mine have collapsed recently from about 76/23 mbits to almost half their previous levels, and I was about to blame a cheap cat5e extension to a secondary gbit ethernet switch. But a direct cable connection to the modem (with everything else disconnected + reboot) confirmed the speed drop. Best of luck paddybudg, I'll deal with it after christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Same problem  speed dropped by half I have contacted  support here sick and tired of rebooting modem

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Same problem  speed dropped by half I have contacted  support here sick and tired of rebooting modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

the rock29 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Let me know you get on the rock29 & if you need any further assistance.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement