Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep on getting payment texts...no longer a customer, fraud???

Options
  • 12-12-2016 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,

I have tried your telephone support again but to no avail and am hoping I can get some closure here.

I have not been a customer of Eir for over a year, yet keep getting account usage and bill texts.

I rang support during the summer and was told there was someone using my name and details but in a different address in Dublin. I was assured it would be dealt with, and it was referred to your Fraud Dept.Again, I was assured someone from the fraud dept would call me. Yet, no.

However I am still getting these texts and one today to say my balance is now overdue.

I would appreciate if someone would take ownership of this issue and sort it for me.
    I will pm details when I get a contact.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have tried your telephone support again but to no avail and am hoping I can get some closure here.

I have not been a customer of Eir for over a year, yet keep getting account usage and bill texts.

I rang support during the summer and was told there was someone using my name and details but in a different address in Dublin. I was assured it would be dealt with, and it was referred to your Fraud Dept.Again, I was assured someone from the fraud dept would call me. Yet, no.

However I am still getting these texts and one today to say my balance is now overdue.

I would appreciate if someone would take ownership of this issue and sort it for me.

Thanks
    Hi wtd2008

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will take a look into this for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi wtd2008

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will take a look into this for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Stacey
    Is there any update on this?

Any update on this? I pm'ed my details as requested last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Ah, I've been getting such texts as well... not an Eir customer for over a year and no idea of my account number at this stage... didn't of the fraud angle until now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Any update on this? I pm'ed my details as requested last week.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll ask Stacey to get back to you on this today td2008.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Advertisement

Ah, I've been getting such texts as well... not an Eir customer for over a year and no idea of my account number at this stage... didn't of the fraud angle until now!!!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name & account number [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]CINCLANTFLT [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I'll check this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

I still have not got any information or contact on this , despite pm'ing my details? 

I still have not got any information or contact on this , despite pm'ing my details? 
    Hi  wtd2008,

Can you send this again? I don't seem to have received this PM.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

I sent you a pm directly there Pamela. 
    Thanks

I sent you a pm directly there Pamela. 
    Thanks
    I have checked this  wtd2008 & I haven't received this PM I'm afraid.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement