Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply for A class driving test

• 12-12-2016 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Probably done to death, but searching for "A test" doesn't yield anything productive.

Younger brother has an expired (< 2 years) 2nd A licence(pre-2013). I want to apply for a test for him so he doesn't have to do the IBT when he starts driving again. However, when I try to apply for a test online, it says this:

403774.PNG

I can manually apply for a different class of test, but since he doesn't have an A2 or post-2013 A, he can't do a test in either of those.

Is it still possible to take an old A test? How would you apply for it if so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

Q 11. I have held a learner permit for the category A which expired in 2013/2014 (less than 5 years) and I now wish to renew and I am over 24 years, I have never done IBT do I need to do now?
    A 11. Yes, you must complete IBT modules 1, 3 & 5 which you renew your learner permit in the category A motorcycle before you can drive on the road.
    If you have previously completed IBT for an A1 type motorcycle, you only need to complete the Progression Module (Module 5) of the IBT programmes on an A type motorcycle.

Looks like he might have to do IBT?

Advertisement