Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to wrap a trip away?

Options
  • 12-12-2016 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Bit of a weird request here, but anyway, I've got my girlfriend a trip (Flights+Accommodation) to Amsterdam as part of her Christmas present but I've no idea how to wrap or present it to her. I booked it all through Expedia so all I have are the confirmation and itinerary emails and I'd rather do something more than just print them out and put them into a card. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For the craic perhaps have the itinerary framed in a proper picture frame and wrap that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Could you pick a couple of things that are related to Amsterdam and wrap them? She could try to guess what the present is then. Or wrap a clue that starts off a treasure hunt around the house that ends with the printed booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Print it and wrap it around a bunch of tulips? Or tulip bulbs in a pot with "Tulips from Amsterdam" on the label?
    Tied up in a ribbon with Dutch flag colours?
    In a toy aeroplane? Toy windmill?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

My wife got me a similar present for my a significant birthday many years ago.

I came back from work and my favourite Czech beer was in the fridge. She asked me if I liked it - of course I said yes and she said well we're off to Prague in the morning for some of the real stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Give her a bag of marijuana and a prostitute.

But seriously like Toto said some wee things that are related to Amsterdam would be a great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Could you buy a lonely plant for holland/Amsterdam and put the itinerary in it. I know I love reading about places before I go. Helps deals with the excitement and anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Buy a nice box and put a hunk of Gouda in it.....under the cheese put the itinerary. Wrap nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Could you buy a lonely plant for holland/Amsterdam and put the itinerary in it. I know I love reading about places before I go. Helps deals with the excitement and anticipation.

Was going to suggest this too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for the ideas, guys! Some great suggestions. Think I'll get a few different things relating to Amsterdam and then finally wrap the itinerary in a Lonely Planet as suggested. Thanks again :)

Advertisement