Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Online lost registered payees - is it just me?

• 12-12-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to pay Electric Ireland, one of several payees I've had registered with Ulster Bank's website for some time. When I go to 'Make a payment or transfer' as usual, the only payees listed this time are my other Ulster Bank accounts.

Thought they might be making us re-register the other payees for security reasons, so tried 'Pay someone new'. Having entered the details (including Electric Ireland's IBAN, which I had to search for - it their bill omly seems to have parts of it!), I was simply told 'This account is already registered (no helpful link).

Anyone else had this problem, or is it my fault? (Surely it can't be that the site hasn't heard of Chrome?)
    Can't try another computer (this phone's my only working one at the moment, though I've done 2 or 3 of these payments quite happily with it)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Sorry, wasn't thinking straight last night! Or I would have tried Firefox - tried it today and Electric Ireland showed up.

Still a mystery to me why it's showing itself to Firefox and not to Chrome, but that might possibly help someone with similar problems.

I' m not bothering to ask about it at the website (my past experience of that hasn't yielded much IT expertise!).

Advertisement