Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir direct debit refund problem

Options
  • 12-12-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Update: 

This is the response I received from Eir after alerting them to my many requests for refund for 22 months of charging for a ceased account.

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Dear Susan,[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your mail.[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]I sincerely apologize for the incovenience caused to you.[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]I understand that you've been charged for the Ceased account.[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]On checking your  records, I can see that a Refund was initiated for your account from our refund department.[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]It'll take 60 working takes to process, Please wait untill the refund is processed, Once it is processed you will be notified.[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]The Case Reference number for your refund is 2432028.[/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query.[/font][/font]

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]Regards,[/font][/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]M.Ganesh Manikandan[/font][/font]
    [font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]Customer Care Administration Team[font=arial,sans-serif]
    eir Ltd.[/font]
    [/font][/font]

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]I think it is unacceptable that it should take 60 days to process a refund. It is already 54 days since we first alerted Eir to the over-charging issue and we have been fobbed off numerous times since then.[/font][/font]

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]Please explain to me when exactly we will have our money returned to us. Do not give me vague ideas of when it might be processed. [/font][/font]

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal, "Segoe UI", "Segoe WP", Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]As far as we are concerned this is just another fob off!! [/font][/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi soggy01

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced & completely understand the level of frustration caused by this.

I have taken a look into this for you & spoken to our accounts team who have advised the cheque refund has been processed however we will need to await the next invoice date to pass before the disputes are refundable on the account & unfortunately this can take a max of 60 days which is causing the delay in the refund.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 8 soggy01

Hi soggy01

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced & completely understand the level of frustration caused by this.

I have taken a look into this for you & spoken to our accounts team who have advised the cheque refund has been processed however we will need to await the next invoice date to pass before the disputes are refundable on the account & unfortunately this can take a max of 60 days which is causing the delay in the refund.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Stacey
    So you are telling me that it will be 6 months before I have my money refunded to me! How is that legal?
    Surely this is a joke. 
    I am referring this whole issue to the Conor Pope Consumer Rights slot on the Ray Darcy radio 1 show to sort out. 

I really have had enough of Eir. 

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

soggy01 wrote: »
    So you are telling me that it will be 6 months before I have my money refunded to me! How is that legal?
    Surely this is a joke. 
    I am referring this whole issue to the Conor Pope Consumer Rights slot on the Ray Darcy radio 1 show to sort out. 

I really have had enough of Eir. 

60 days is only 2 months...

60 WORKING days!!!

60 WORKING days!!!

Plus the 60 days I have already waited!!

• Advertisement

Plus the 60 days I have already waited!!

That's still only 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

60 WORKING days!!!
    Atari - i think your missing the point  - this kind of delay by Eir is unacceptable - how could it possibly talk this long - other than Eir dragging their heels and hoping you go away

kranbo wrote: »
    Atari - i think your missing the point  - this kind of delay by Eir is unacceptable - how could it possibly talk this long - other than Eir dragging their heels and hoping you go away

I didn't say it was okay... what I said was 60 days is not 6 months

Advertisement