Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy Cheap laptop or iPad keyboard for word processing

• 13-12-2016 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

In terms of cost and how good to use what would be the better option for only word processing? Buying a cheap base level laptop and putting Word on it or a Keyboard for an iPad I already own or is there any other recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm sure you could buy a keyboard for your iPad for very cheap. So you could give the keyboard a go first, before dropping a couple of hundred on a laptop.

If it were me however, there is no way I would use an iPad for word processing. I would definitely want a proper laptop. Doing more complicated formatting of documents, printing and the added benefit of additional functionality of a full sized laptop would be big draws. iPads just aren't primary computing devices imo, they are always companion devices that need a computer to supplement.

Advertisement