Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borrowing after changing job

Options
  • 13-12-2016 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hey team,

I was fairly shocked to be told on the phone recently that I would be unable to borrow in any shape or form because I had just joined a new place of employment. 

I find this shocking as I've been in regular employment for well over 10 years, with my wages constantly going into my BOI account.

I had tried to apply over the phone to be told this was the case. Is this something that is set in stone? Just very surprised that all my years of loyalty get me to this point.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

El Inho wrote: »
    Hey team,

I was fairly shocked to be told on the phone recently that I would be unable to borrow in any shape or form because I had just joined a new place of employment. 

I find this shocking as I've been in regular employment for well over 10 years, with my wages constantly going into my BOI account.

I had tried to apply over the phone to be told this was the case. Is this something that is set in stone? Just very surprised that all my years of loyalty get me to this point.
    Hi El Inho, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the outcome of your loan application. Each loan is considered on a case by case basis and there are a number of factors taken into account. If you would like to appeal this please contact your branch and a representative will be happy to discuss this with you. You can book an appointment in your branch at this link.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Hey team,

Hi El Inho, 

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the outcome of your loan application. Each loan is considered on a case by case basis and there are a number of factors taken into account. If you would like to appeal this please contact your branch and a representative will be happy to discuss this with you. You can book an appointment in your branch at this link.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. My branch is in Kilkenny which isn't where I'm based at the moment. I'm used to doing everything online which seems to be the way this is all going - is it possible to do anything without visiting a branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply. My branch is in Kilkenny which isn't where I'm based at the moment. I'm used to doing everything online which seems to be the way this is all going - is it possible to do anything without visiting a branch?

The reason is that because you've started a new job the usual probation is about 6 months. After half a year they'd consider you again because you'll have passed that and they see the new figure going in every week or month or whatever for the 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hey team,

Hi El Inho, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Hi El Inho, 

You can call your branch to speak with a representative if booking an appointment does not suit you.  Please find the contact details for your branch here

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement