Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

160 or 180 credits for a level 8 degree?

Options
  • 13-12-2016 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently graduated from a course and am applying for universities for my masters next year. I received my transcript for my level 8 degree and I was under the impression that I was to come out with 180 credits. Instead, 1 of my modules and my project class are missing and I have a total od 160 credits. This is confusing as I have already been awarded my qualification for the course but thought that it was a minimum of 180 to pass this course?

Is this a mistake on the colleges part? And what if they get back to me saying that 160 is actually correct? The fact that 2 modules are missing from the transcript makes it also difficult to fill in competency forms for future courses.

I think that even with both of these modules present I may still fall short of 180, judging by the credits of each. Will this mean that I'm technically not qualified as I thought? Which way do credits work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I was of the impression that all undergraduate honours degrees should be 180.

Check with the student registration department, that's an odd one.

Advertisement