Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 7 plus broken screen

Options
  • 13-12-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

dropped my phone this morning and glass broke on it , phone still works , not sure i need a complete replacement screen

just the glass might work

any ideas what to do ?

i have fixed a few screens before

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The display and the glass are one single unit, you can't just replace the glass.

I haven't seen any places offering 7plus screen replacements yet, if it was me, i'd be going down the official route of getting a replacement. It's basically a brand new phone, and it cost a lot of money, so getting an official apple repair would be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

not spending 400 on a new screen fook that

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I can't imagine it being 400 just for a screen replacement from apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

not spending 400 on a new screen fook that

€167.30

guil wrote: »
    €167.30

compub for 175

cheers to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yep its the only option. The ****ty Chinese copies are the same price on eBay. This way you get it back perfect and its still under warranty.

I had to resort to an Otterbox and tempered glass after a farcical run of events recently.

Yep its the only option. The ****ty Chinese copies are the same price on eBay. This way you get it back perfect and its still under warranty.

I had to resort to an Otterbox and tempered glass after a farcical run of events recently.

what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I basically broke 3 screens in a month.

on 7 + ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Only way forward.....

404413.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement