Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN for older house

Options
  • 13-12-2016 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi
    i need help to find above for a house we have bought and are renovating.
    it has been uninhabited for around 8/10 years
    i dont have any old bills, but it must be on your records somewhere.
    its located in Barna, Galway.
    i could send you a google map link with exact house location
    Many thanks
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If there is an old meter in the house you should be able to get the meter  number from it. It would usually be below a barcode on the face of the meter and in the format RMddd dddd where d is a digit from 0 to 9. ESB networks should be able to cross reference this to the MPRN.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cookiepus

Thanks
    but the old part of the house has been gutted out.
    i think the meter is in meter heaven
    Cookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If the property has been disconnected for more than two years or the meter or service has been removed, an application will first need to be made to ESB Networks. You can find their contact details here. As this is classed as a new connection, you may also be given a new Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN).

Once ESB Networks process the application on their end, you will need to choose a supplier before the electricity will be connected.

Electric Ireland are currently offering savings of up to 5.5% to our customers with direct debit and Electric Ireland Online Billing. There is a further 3% for customers with both gas and electricity. You can read more about our savings and apply here.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement