Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have vague memories of the draft not ending till mid March :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It can wiz by at times, but when waiting sometimes it seems like an eternity. My first year in 2014 wizzed by and so did 2015 for me, so I became accustomed to the quickness.

It all depends how busy you are I think in real life, a watched pot n all that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LeeJM wrote: »
    I know its just cos Im off work so Im at home and online all day but it just seems to be dragging. Id love us to finish Rd 2 and get all of Rd 3 done by Monday.

I feel that, was off work last two days.

As someone who works from home, I can appreciate that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

DM_7 wrote: »
    I feel that, was off work last two days.

Im not back for another 10 days! Im sure ill survive though :-P

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    Im not back for another 10 days! Im sure ill survive though :-P

Enda Kenny, is that you?

Na im not that unfortunate. Gotta look after the missus and little fella as the missus has been sick. Been off since the start of December! Thank god for savings eh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Dammit I was really hoping Cesaro would sneak through to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

My other top two I want to face Nakamura are still available with only 2 picks to go! I AM TENSE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry for the delay, damn phone froze earlier and was hoping Punk would go unpicked but happy now with Cesaro and Kidd

• Advertisement

Great choice there by Liz. Cesaro and Kidd are a real "what if" team in terms of what they could have achieved together. They had great chemistry and they would work as either heels or faces. Liz has definitely got a top level team there

Aaaand there goes Cena v Nakamura!

After the last two years, Cena is an awesome pick for any roster and should have gone much sooner.

And that right there is the selection of the round! How John Cena has lasted till now is a mystery to me. And it had the best write up so far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Damn. Had outside hopes of Cena lasting till my turn. Had great fun writing him last year too. Drawing board is running out of both space and options!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Was torn between Cena and Randy, and had an idea for both. Surprised its taken this time for him to be picked tbh!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rosters a little over half way in round 2:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle,

LordTSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day),

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan,

Diathi1989: Sting, Randy Orton,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar,

LeeJM: AJ Styles,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura,

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt,

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock,

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns,

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins,

Shagnastii: The Undertaker,

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk,

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan,

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena,

Necrominus: Kevin Owens,

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH),

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels,

Still to pick in round 2:
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. thebostoncrab
    14. Beakerjoe
    15. Imnotthehulk
    16. Necrominus
    17. LeeJM
    18. Mr Nice Guy
    19. Shagnasti
    20. A Brad Maddox Guy

Interesting that only 2 tag teams have been taken in the round in which a tag champion was needed. After 2 stip rounds I hope Rd 3 is stip free so we can all get a feel for where we are going.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Before i made my pick it was between HHH/Cena/Batista and was kind of hoping one of them would have sneaked into the next round (although not shocked they are gone)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cena was the main one I had plans for but I thought Bray Wyatt would last to me. Batista I find interesting though as I don't recall ever booking him before and his stock has probably never been higher thanks to Bond /Guardians. Hoping for a decent rd 3 draw as there are still enough main eventers left to shake things up

Benoit was 3rd on my list after Punk and Cena. To be honest, he was lower at first simply because I drafted him 3 times in the past...but if that's the main event I decide to go with it's one I'd geniulely think it's a dream match for a lot of people and hard to resist!

• Advertisement

Problem, a few picks have lasted longer than I expected and I didnt consider them. Do I go with one of the bigger names or my initial man I settled for...... OOOOOH.

Go bigger ;)

I took a risk and drafted in my eyes a lesser talent to some degree over other names I had in mind, but The Miz fits my role best. He may not be the best wrestler available by a long shot, but Ill try bring the best out of him.

The Miz was certainly on my radar as someone who might slip through the cracks to me. Good pick and can be a star if booked correctly. I have 2 main options left and with only one pick before me I'm definitely going to get one of them. Happy days!!

Miz was actually someone I had hoped would make it to round 3, and I'm sure I'm not alone! His stock has gone up massively this year and he can fit into so many different types of feuds. An excellent pick!

Great pick Joey. I have no doubt you will use Miz to the best of his abilities. Now I wonder will you try and get Maryse later on???

Miz was actually someone I had hoped would make it to round 3, and I'm sure I'm not alone! His stock has gone up massively this year and he can fit into so many different types of feuds. An excellent pick!

I had thought that too, but I couldnt risk it as his stock has risen like you said. Its part of the game, risks are always there and Im too coward to take one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I feel those two will have vey good roles on those rosters and used right while Benoit in particular could be hard for other (TBC has had him 3/4 times now) posters to write in a feud. The Miz on the other hand could be great to write for and could fit on almost any part of a card even though what with being taken this early you would think he will be in the main event scene doing Miz tv while chasing / holding the belt.

next rd draw coming soon? I'll do my best to try and copy and paste those update lists into the OP of the other thread sporadically.

next rd draw coming soon? I'll do my best to try and copy and paste those update lists into the OP of the other thread sporadically.

I was just about to ask the same thing!!

• Advertisement

Man, when I got New Day, there was a specific feud I wanted.

That feud still lives. And thats a killer. I'd much rather lose the idea quick than let it dwell and THEN lose it :P

Advertisement