Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yes, round 3 draw is made, and will be posted shortly, as Im going out shopping soon .........It will be up with a stip.

Yes, 3 stip rounds in a row..... Well its the 10th annual draft, got go big or go home!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wonder if the stip will keeps some main eventers for round 4? Some high profile people have yet to be available and I wonder if the stip will keep that going.

I was close to going Miz over Cena. With the year he just had his stock is higher than when he was a World Champ.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I wonder if the stip will keeps some main eventers for round 4? Some high profile people have yet to be available and I wonder if the stip will keep that going.

I was close to going Miz over Cena. With the year he just had his stock is higher than when he was a World Champ.

Wellllllll.........its posted and your way off

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I seem to have a strange fascination with the number 5 in my draft numbers so far... 5, 15, 5... Happy out with that so far!!

Necrominus wrote: »
    I seem to have a strange fascination with the number 5 in my draft numbers so far... 5, 15, 5... Happy out with that so far!!

One year MNG seemed to get pick 20 a lot, so thank yourself lucky

• Advertisement

Hope the stip doesnt restrict anyone too much.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Time to write down 24 names :(

Necrominus wrote: »

Sorry to burst that little bubble, but you were 16th in round 2..... ;)

There go The Bulldogs. Not surprised at all to see them go in this round, I'm sure they were a name on all our lists!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

11 that changes things, bring back the stip! ha

The Bulldogs were actually going to the BWA until a last minute Bluetista switcharoo

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote:
    Sorry to burst that little bubble, but you were 16th in round 2.....

And I can't even count now to add insult to injury. Imnothehulk has posted his pick so I'll have mine up in a moment

Bulldogs were my 2nd choice once it came to me. Dynamite is a great talent and I was so tempted to grab him and Davey Boy. I may regret it

Bryan v Billington would be epic..... I couldnt see past that match

I actually though TBC would take the Bulldogs too I think they would fit his typical roster very well. nice little run of picks atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I was wondering when the Bulldogs would go. One of the best teams in WWE history and both can be main event players on there own. Actually has anybody ever done a Bulldog vs Dynamite feud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Bulldogs were my 2nd choice once it came to me. Dynamite is a great talent and I was so tempted to grab him and Davey Boy. I may regret it

I could easily see Daniel Bryan having great, but very different matches, with both of the British Bulldogs. When I read the stipulation for this round they were first to pop into my head.

That said if they had been available I would have been very tempted to go against my initial instincts and pick CM Punk or Benoit, so was glad as they were picked away!

Pick made and PM sent. In the end both my choices came through to me but went with Edge as I've always been a big fan.

Thought Edge could have gone back as far as Liz's pick great value.

I actually did a 30min Iron man match with Bryan Danielson & The Dynamite Kid one time in the early days of the BWA

I actually though TBC would take the Bulldogs too I think they would fit his typical roster very well. nice little run of picks atm

I came *this close* to picking them. When I mentioned a tag team I was thinking of going with instead of Benoit, it was them, but I wanted to have a solid singles match I could fall back on when it comes to booking the show.

Thought Edge could have gone back as far as Liz's pick great value.

I actually did a 30min Iron man match with Bryan Danielson & The Dynamite Kid one time in the early days of the BWA

I'm surprised he got as far as me to be honest but there was a huge wealth of talent available that hadn't been in the first round I suppose. My first choice for the 2nd round got blown away when Owen Hart got drafted so I was scrambling for another choice for a while but delighted to have gotten Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pick made and PM sent to MNG. Delighted to get Sheamus. Have a role that he is gonna fit perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

1st! Yeay!

6 people left to break my heart :P And I have a feeling one person might, too...

EDIT: 3 actually.

I came *this close* to picking them. When I mentioned a tag team I was thinking of going with instead of Benoit, it was them, but I wanted to have a solid singles match I could fall back on when it comes to booking the show.

Pretty much my own thinking, My main event is not set at this moment but I have an option for 2 big names to square off.

Plus i'd find it hard to not reference or fail to outdo how MNG elevated Dynamite King when he booked him recently. cos thats the thing as singles guys they could both have high profile places on any card if you push em right and decide you don't want em in the tag division. Plus of course they fit well with Bryan stylistically

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Chalk me down for first whinge of the draft. Bummed my main event will suck. That draw and second round stip is killing me. 2th, 39th and 56th pick. I suppose I wouldn't be saying anything if it was somebody else. Not to worry.

All my guys have fallen this round and was banking on a decent draw round 3. Gonna start praying now.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Chalk me down for first whinge of the draft. Bummed my main event will suck. That draw and second round stip is killing me. 2th, 39th and 56th pick. I suppose I wouldn't be saying anything if it was somebody else. Not to worry.

All my guys have fallen this round and was banking on a decent draw round 3. Gonna start praying now.

I think this is where the tag stip may have hurt people. Some big names not eligible until round 3 could still be available to you now, in round 2, without the tag stip.

Buts its only when stips are tried that we see the knock on effect and I thought the stip in its own right was a good one.

I feel Shags pain, I never looked at how the draw went and see how it affected people.

To compensate I may propse the following : would anyone have an objection to completely abolish the pre 1970 debut rule?

Its not much but it may open it up a bit to help those lower in round 3.

What do you guys think ?

In my defence I think the tag team stip worked out better as a round 2 stip than the rip round last year, sorry bh

I feel Shags pain, I never looked at how the draw went and see how it affected people.

To compensate I may propse the following : would anyone have an objection to completely abolish the pre 1970 debut rule?

What do you guys think ?

In my defence I think the tag team stip worked out better as a round 2 stip than the rip round last year, sorry bh

no worries...

tbh people always get affected by random draws, if something needs changing tho maybe the next stip round could be that avg order round you mentioned or something but if it's the 70s rule being removed then that'd be fine with me having got a middling draw again in rd 3

What do you guys think ?

What was the purpose of the pre 70s rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The draw is part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

No no leave it off. The draw and stips is all part of the game (and what actually makes the game). I was just having a moan cause I missed guys I was after. Let there be no drama this year.

There is a mountain of top draw names left.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    What was the purpose of the pre 70s rule?

It's actually a rule I was kinda phasing out the past few years originally suggesting to the person who ran it before me that why not instead of removing it for one round remove it from then on, then last year I had it much earlier.

Never really liked it myself as I always wanted to see where people would draft legends if they were available at the same time.

Advertisement