Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm just finished work too so the horrible round 2 is soon to be over (I jest of course, great stip but being #20 for it has been a slow torture :pac: )

Gutted Miz is gone, had a blast writing for him last year and thought he'd sneak through to me. Best heel in WWE today imo :cool:

Those are the disadvantages of claiming the coveted number 1 spot in round 1. Ying n Yang.

I felt he could of snook by and maybe picked him up next round, but I couldnt risk it. You drafted bhim in round 4 last year and knew he would be much higher this time round. I gambled on him.

I hope I do him justice as you did a great job last time out. I still have the pic you used when drafting him inbedded in my mind.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Those are the disadvantages of claiming the coveted number 1 spot in round 1. Ying n Yang.

I felt he could of snook by and maybe picked him up next round, but I couldnt risk it. You drafted bhim in round 4 last year and knew he would be much higher this time round. I gambled on him.

I hope I do him justice as you did a great job last time out. I still have the pic you used when drafting him inbedded in my mind.....:eek:

Yeah he wouldn't have sneaking through, after Cesaro and then Be out went I would have taking him again. It was actually round 6 last year which even I'm surprised about. His stock really has risen this year and I'm looking forward to what you have planned. More big names than I expected have made it this far too, I mean there's loads available but some I definitely didn't think would get anywhere near me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I would imagine you would with the New Day, plenty of big guns left. Am I right in thinking New Day wont be your main event?

Theres two tag teams Id imagine you would feud them with if available, but one cant be drafted as a tag team due to a few world championships
    LeeJM wrote: »
    I know who I would feud New Day with and world titles would not be an issue with this team!

If I get who I want, New Day will absolutely be my main event feud. If I get who I want, the feud will just be too much fun as to not shape and consume the entirety of my roster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If I get who I want, New Day will absolutely be my main event feud. If I get who I want, the feud will just be too much fun as to not shape and consume the entirety of my roster...

Oh I like the sound of this :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Because....

image.png?w=500&c=1

• Advertisement

Great value pick Shagnastii in Kane. I had great fun with him last year but had no plans to redraft him for 2017. Can be used in any variety of scenarios as monster heel, babyface, or even an authority figure.

I love that Shag has drafted Kane to go alongside of Taker in the WWF Classic. Cant wait to see how he books them.

raw

*Clicks on picks thread nervously*

*Sees the pick*

25301b2349155ea8f85073c20b9b97d6.gif

Brock/Foley is actually a great pairing imo. Ultimate monster vs ultimate underdog.

But now I get my pick? DELIGHTFUL!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Oh Foley is gone. Four wrestlers in one go.

• Advertisement

Brock/Foley is actually a great pairing imo. Ultimate monster vs ultimate underdog.

But now I get my pick? DELIGHTFUL!

Ha, thought you might have liked Foley's multiple personalities to face New Day.

Pick made :)

New Day vs Matt Hardy has me genuinely excited to start writing now. Hardy's stock has risen so much in the last 12 months, so thrilled to get him.

So that is the direction TSC is going then. Delightful

Oh no TSC, I think your round one and two picks got deleted.

I actually thought it might have been Foley to be honest but that's a good pick. Genuinely looking forward to your write ups now!!

I thought It had to be Broken Matt, great stuff lord TSC. Matt went in round 10 last year but since his rejuvenation this year as the man of broken brilliance, Matts stock has risen more than anyone in recent memory.

Magnificant!

Im still unsure who to draft, gimme a few guys.

Also going by last year, If anyone can get the best out of Broken Matt, its Lord TSC. He would have fit in well with your new presidental overlords world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Last year TSC writeups had me intrigued (unfortunately we didn't get many) and after only 3 picks he has me really wanting to read his work again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yaaaaaaaasssssss. I find that pick positively tantalising. I look forward to Broken Matt Hardy becoming acquainted with the Day of the New. ;)

As I said to TSC in the PM, at one point I was about 30 seconds from taking Matt but couldn't figure out the feud whereas he fits the New Day perfectly. If anyone can make this one work it's TSC.

As for Mick, I enjoyed booking him before but also feel like I didn't do him total justice, for starters he wasn't even in my main event and I tried to be overly clever with the booking. Hopeful I can do a better job this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Had picked out Matt and Joe as 2 potentional R3 picks for myself! Bugger anyway. Just gonna wait til my pick!

Ive no plans for Samoa Joe, so a trade when trades become available (round5) may be considered.

I think I will find something for him when the rest of my roster comes together, but plans may change.

Few of us online now so pace may pick up a little!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hell of a pick there with Ibushi and Kenny Omega and to add to Finn and Cena christ think of the matches

Pick done and PM sent :cool:

Well done on the Samoa Joe pick beakerjoe. He should be easy to fit into any feud. His NXT run rejuvenated him for sure and I think he would be great against Miz if you found someone else for Savage.

Already an awesome roster from DM

Kota & Omega were my top choices ever since rd 1 so thats now 2 rds in a row DM took my top choices (not that these 2 would ever make it another 8 picks)... use them well

Already an awesome roster from DM

Kota & Omega were my top choices ever since rd 1 so thats now 2 rds in a row DM took my top choices (not that these 2 would ever make it another 8 picks)... use them well

Oh shoot, sorry about that!

Ha no problems, i'd do the same to you if given the opportunity :pac:

DM_7 wrote: »
    Oh shoot, sorry about that!

This is how I imagine you saying that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Such is the cut throat nature of the draft :D

Advertisement