Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Fantastic double pick there, and the way you posted the intro....

JSBTl.gif

Theres no one hotter in global wrestling like Kenny Omega.... lets hope hes not beating up 9 year old girls on your shows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

****e, Omega and Ibushi were two I'd hope would sneak by in favour of bigger names. There are two other names I can take together that I need for two major storylines, that I was banking on making it to round 4 in favour of bigger names, but with some of the picks gone so far I think I'll need to bite the bullet and draft them!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Just delayed at the moment. Have my pick, just need to post!

Should have it up in about 20 min

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Curse you daithi, Goldberg was my planned pick!! Now to resort to plan B....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Goldberg was on my list though I was pretty sure he wouldn't reach me. Surprised he lasted this long. His stock has gone way up since last year's game.

Edit: Vader was also on my list. I have drafted him a few times over the years. Would have been tempting to take him again had he reached me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pick up and PM sent. Well, he wasn't my initial choice but I'm happy with Vader as an adequate - and destructive - back up.

I juggled with a few different ideas and directions... But couldnt pass up on Bill.

Now, to try master how to apply pictures!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So it looks like the game just exploded while I went to have dinner! My god Ibushi & Omega together is the pick of the tournament. Nobody is topping that. I want Ibushi vs Cena. That match would make my head literally explode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I juggled with a few different ideas and directions... But couldnt pass up on Bill.

Now, to try master how to apply pictures!!

Copy the picture url, click "insert image" above the comment box & paste the url (insert image is the box that looks like mountains or triangles with the yellowish background)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I love how every year the rosters without fail all give off a certain "feel" to them. The wrasslin' fed, the superstars fed, NWA throwback, etc. etc.

You can see them forming already. Some juicy fueds that I can't wait for.

• Advertisement

Ah I was using the website Link, and thats why it wasnt working!!

Now, to ignore the draft for a while, and not have high hopes of getting anyone added to DPW Roster until next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Damn my next pic gone god damn you to hell Daithi ! oh well time to make it RAIN !

Shocked mr make it rain last so long. He should of went in round 1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat,

LordTSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy,

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect, Scott Hall,

Diathi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi,

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Samoa Joe,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit,

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman,

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler,

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada,

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy,

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, "The Great Muta" Keiji Mutoh,

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose,

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" "Davey Boy" Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs),
    GLORIOUS!
    Bobby Roode,

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega,

Necrominus: Kevin Owens, Edge, Vader,

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH),

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi,

Round 3:
    17. Shagnasti
    18. thebostoncrab
    19. Furious Red
    20. JP Liz

Round 4:
    1. Brian Regan
    2. SlickRic
    3. thebostoncrab
    4. Paulie21
    5. Shagnasti
    6. Imnotthehulk
    7. Cheese Wagstaff
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Campo
    10. JP Liz
    11. Furious Red
    12. BeakerJoe
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. Spongey1975
    16. Diathi1989
    17. A Brad Maddox Guy
    18. Lee JM
    19. DM_7
    20. Necrominus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Shocked mr make it rain last so long. He should of went in round 1.

A Superstar.

I was really thinking about him v Cena but the 2 for 1 (possibly last time it can happen) was too good to skip.

Surprised Okada lasted so long. Guaranteed match quality.

I have 5 names that I would have loved to acquire at the start of the round so I feel spoiled for choice. It's been said before but the talent on offer feels stacked this year.

DAMN IT, there goes Okada and someone I'm sure a lot of us would have loved to have grabbed. This confirms that this year, more than any, it might better to grab the vital names you want early rather than grabbing a bigger name and hope they sneak under the radar.

Pick is up and PM sent to MNG, I swear.... Anyway delighted to get Zack and Marty. So far I have got everyone I have wanted so I am ecstatic.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Pick is up and PM sent to MNG, I swear.... Anyway delighted to get Zack and Marty. So far I have got everyone I have wanted so I am ecstatic.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

THOSE were the two I were speaking about! Back to the drawing board :(

Great pick from LeeJM. I think those guys are going to have a great 2017.

I've whittled my decision down to 2 possibilities. I will hopefully have my mind made up before too long.

• Advertisement

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

THOSE were the two I were speaking about! Back to the drawing board :(

Sorry TBC. Joe will confirm this I was actually gonna take Marty in Round 1. But when AJ dropped to me I just couldnt ignore him.

He did, he checked them both out and both were valid for the NJPW stip....just.

Pick made and PM sent. That should be my main event sorted.

Vicious heel Angle vs Ultimate Babyface Steamboat. Now that is a feud!!!

MNG You ****!. Really hoped Ricky would drop by considering the talent on offer. Hes the only person who I wanted for the next round....oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ive no plans for Samoa Joe, so a trade when trades become available (round5) may be considered.

I think I will find something for him when the rest of my roster comes together, but plans may change.

I might be interested in Joe depending on who I get this round at no. 20 :( and next round, btw is the 4th round a stip round?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I might be interested in Joe depending on who I get this round at no. 20 :( and next round, btw is the 4th round a stip round?

No stip planned for round 4, but 5 shall be, as well as being average pick round order

No stip planned for round 4, but 5 shall be, as well as being average pick round order

Music to my ears :pac:

LeeJM wrote: »
    Music to my ears :pac:

Plans can change ;)

• Advertisement

Plans can change ;)

And I was just starting to like you :mad:

Advertisement