Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Have ideas in place for my 3 lads, so no stip would be ideal alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I kid Lee, no stip in round 4

Also Imnothulk mispelled his picks name

Its actually Bobbbbby RRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I kid Lee, no stip in round 4

Also Imnothulk mispelled his picks name

Its actually Bobbbbby RRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODE

I was so excited to get him my hands were shaking so had to go with the short version!

PM sent to BradMaddoxGuy.

Delighted with the picks I've made so far. Have no idea what I'm gonna do with em ... but delighted all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Pick made and PM sent. No plan as yet but I was certain Tanahashi would be one of the first gone in the first round so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to draft him here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Tanahashi a legit main eventer going at #50 in the Draft. And there is still plenty of guys capable of headlining available. The quality of guys available is enormous. There is gonna be guys that if booked right can main event that will fall into round 5.

• Advertisement

My Japanese Steamboat atlernative is gone.... I had no hope really of him lasting but I did hope, Great pick.

My list is reducing with every pick. Im literally dreading each update.

BH up next but seeing as its am where he is, Id say thats it for the night until the early hours.... Great run of picks though today

Some amazing picking done today. And I love seeing the rosters coming together. Some of the matches that can be made are mouthwatering. The New Day vs Broken Matt, Angle vs Steamboat, Lesnar vs Foley, Goldberg vs Orton, Kevin Owens vs Vader and thats just a handful that are possible. But IMO DM_7 has had the best of the Draft thus far. Balor, Cena, Omega and Ibushi!! In one roster. Im not gonna lie he already has my vote for best roster. That is unbelievable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am happy with my luck so far alright.

Only half way through round three though and I see lots of interesting rosters. Some in particular have guys that appear in some way linked even though they never appeared together at their peaks.

Assuming these feuds happen:

Punk v Flair, The whole Flash Flair, who looked great but had all his vices compared to the dirty looking Punk and all his better than you mind sets. Their common love of Women.

Bret v Seth with all that was said by Bret is an amazing duo to get. They were two people you could pair in your mind from the start as a brilliant pairing. Probably wouldn't happen without the stips. The real life criticisms of Seth by Bret make this stand out.

Batista v Hollywood Hogan, two guys from different eras with many likenesses, but the Hollywood theme brings them together, how one found successes while the other struggled, one came back to Wrestling as a Hero and changes the business again while one ended up booed for a triumphant (unwanted) return.

Stone Cold and Cesaro possibly feuding, the guy who believes in Cesaro could become a great mentor, a mentor versus student feud would be great.

Shinsuke Nakamura v Chris Benoit. A mental match would be a certainty but how vicious and intense will the build up be for such a feud?

Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt - already mentioned on thread that the promo's would be epic. I keep thinking of a Pipers Pit with Bray Wyatt as a guest.

Roman Reigns v Okada - The chosen star of two different companies, one embraced and fulfilling his selection, the other hated no matter how hard he tries to back it up. Could be some great bitterness in here from Roman.

Lots more going on in the other rosters that I will talk about later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well pleased to have gotten Perfect & Scott Hall at this stage, really beefs up my roster even if I feel I probably have more guys suited to being heels than is ideal at this stage although maybe I will give someone a big turn.
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Batista v Hollywood Hogan, two guys from different eras with many likenesses, but the Hollywood theme brings them together, how one found successes while the other struggled, one came back to Wrestling as a Hero and changes the business again while one ended up booed for a triumphant (unwanted) return.

Not sure if that's the plan I will follow now but It is exactly what I had in mind as I gave myself that option not knowing what my rd3 draw would be like.

Really like some of the other feuds you have mentioned though. Flair and Punk is obvious money and Liz could surprise a few people with Cesaro esp when you think of how he was booked as the main man in Joe's draft winning effort last year.

Balor, Cena, Omega & Ibushi together in rd3 is def the strongest looking roster atm but the strongest roster isn't always the winner just as Walt last year. The lad seemed to pick up main event talent in every round and yet the write ups decided the whole thing.

I was sure Miz and Mr Perfect would end up on the same roster this year.

The four of Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect and Scott Hall is very interesting. Will we see a main even Perfect v Hogan and Batista v Hall?

• Advertisement

He was on my list for sure, like many of the picks above I had them on my list to feud with Joe but no real hope of them lasting.

Ive decided on someone who I expect to last until late next round.

I was sure Miz and Mr Perfect would end up on the same roster this year.

The four of Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect and Scott Hall is very interesting. Will we see a main even Perfect v Hogan and Batista v Hall?

honestly I've considered all 4 guys matched up every way possible and even thought about trading either Batista or Perfect (as both fit into one storyline role I have in mind atm) and hell could still if someone twisted my arm even though I think I have a main event storyline in mind that should work.

The Tanahashi pick before mine is an interesting one imo as you could easily have him face Brock or Brock face Foley in your main event.

I wonder if Lord TSC had hoped to get Brother Nero.

He really should of went last round, a great value pick at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Interesting that Scrull and ZSJ were drafted this round. A genius move taking them together. With Lucha Underground cementing itself this year and the indies booming better than ever I can see a lot of draft debuts this year.

Will be hard to gauge when to bite for these guys.

Im pretty sure I have already said this but I am not gonna be going for many "big" names. I am very much looking at some lesser known names. Hopefully I can get who I need

Yeah, I can see a lot of picks based on the scary thought of missing out rather than the biggest name available.

If I needed Jeff for a storyline i'd probably take him once Broken Matt got snapped up anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I toyed with the idea of redrafting Jeff for both my second and third picks. Eventually decided against it as I feel his story ended in NCW last year... For now anyways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wonder if Lord TSC had hoped to get Brother Nero.

Actually, I'm glad he's gone, in a way. Had my next turn arrived and he was there, I think I'd have HAD to have picked him. Now he's gone, it frees me up drastically :P

:D nice draft Slick, they were actually on my list even though im trying to not take people I've had as much as them before. Getting both together gives you loads of options

• Advertisement

I really thought th IWGP title separated them for some reason after they were picked separate last year. It was th RIP round that parted the last year

No shock to Kobashi & Misawa going in the first non stip round. Them together is a main event in of itself. Always a quality pick to be made

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi,

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Samoa Joe,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit,

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt,

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane,

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk,

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" "Davey Boy" Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode,

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega

Necrominus: Kevin Owens, Edge, Vader

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH),

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hall & Perfect is the pick of any round

Campo had his eye on them last round, alas thy werent eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I nearly flung laptop across room when I saw Ambrose went before my pick, there goes my Piper/Ambrose feud

Monster pick there Campo

Ambrose in with Punk and Flair is a very interesting dynamic.

Must be near time for the round 4 draw.

He flung it like his pick would fling a jobber

Braun Strowman GOING IN ROUND 3!!! He tops Matt Hardys rise in the draft as last year Braun was a round 15 pick! Hes jumped 12 rounds in a year, very impressive

Monster pick there Campo

Ambrose in with Punk and Flair is a very interesting dynamic.

Must be near time for the round 4 draw.

Its being done soon young DM_7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Will the next round of picks be announced soon?

Advertisement