Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Round 4 is up!

The round 5 pick order will not be random, it will be decided on by your pick round order average which I will work out soon.

The next stiplulation round may disrupt any plans you may have as it will restsict picks to a degree depending on where you place in the round 5 draw. So dont make any serious plans on your round 5 pick.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The short gap between my next two picks is making me optimistic about a back up feud I wanna do!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

20th... Well that sucks!!! Bound to happen at some point I suppose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necrominus wrote: »
    20th... Well that sucks!!! Bound to happen at some point I suppose

At least you should get a decent draw in the next round. I keep getting mid round draws with 9th, 12th, 11th and now 13th which hasn't really helped too much but thats they way things go I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Decided to go with Strowman as not only do I already have Wyatt but there is plenty of picks left who would go well against him

• Advertisement

The Round or for 5 will be as follows. Note that some people were level on round average, so the they were assigned there place by random
    1. Furious Red - round average 15
    2. Spongey1975 - 15
    3. JP Liz - 15
    4. A Brad Maddox Guy - 13.5
    5. Bounty Hunter - 13
    6. Necrominus - 12.5
    7. Campo - 12.5
    8. LeeJM - 12.5
    9. Shagnasti - 11.5
    10. Mr Nice Guy - 11
    11. DM_7 - 11
    12. thebostoncrab - 10.5
    13. Daight1989 - 10
    14. Cheese Wagstaff - 10
    15. Slickric - 8
    16. Paulie21 - 8
    17. Imnotthehulk - 7.5
    18. Beakerjoe - 7
    19. Lord TSC - 4.5
    20. Brian Regan - 3.5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wonder will we start to see a load of tag picks now considering teams like The Bucks and American Alpha are already gone in rd 3 (think I got AA in rd6/7 last year which shows how much their stock has risen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Glad I got Muta. He was the guy feared I'd miss him (when I was cribbin' last round). TBH I probably oversold to myself just how interesting he was for others. That and the other big names that I completely blanked yet to be picked.

My dream from the get go was Cena/Taker but the storyline I formulated fits perfectly for Mutoh. We've had Taker/Muta before in the draft so hopefully my shot will be as good.

Loving all the rosters so far. Ones that jump out for me personally are the pairings of Punk n Flair and Bret n Rollins.

Punker and Flair are two juggernauts of personalty. Fireworks are guaranteed.

Bret/Seth has shades of Hitman versus Di*khead HBK that made the 90s.

9th pick and I have a list of 8 wrestlers who I would like to get , what's the betting everyone of them will be picked

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

16th and then 13th... Not forming any list of potentional options just yet!! To help ease the disappointment!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Young Bucks, like Jeff Hardy, were an act I probably would have picked quite handily if they had lasted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

campo wrote: »
    9th pick and I have a list of 8 wrestlers who I would like to get , what's the betting everyone of them will be picked

Given you missed Ambrose by one you'd be terribly unfortunate. It's fairly wide open now I'm guessing you'll have at least four on your list to chose from.

Ive alist of 5 I want, all 5 could easily go and theres 13 ahead..... but tis the beauty of the draft.

Re jigging ideas around round order and stips. Cesaro is a prime example of how pick you never had an idea for turns into gold, last year I got him 17th in round 1 and had no plans to pick him other than the late draw. Turns out he was my MVP and without him, my show wouldnt have worked as well.

I feel Muta will do wonders for you Shag. He was on my list for this fourth round and hope others over looked him. Damn you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Before the first round I made myself a list of guys I wanted to draft at some point if I got the chance - some superstars, others just to flesh out the roster. 43 names on it in total. It's now down to 22. I think I'm going to have to add some more names shortly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

1st place and I think that's a first in my 3 years of the draft , Have an idea who I want so hopefully they'll hold on

enjoy it Brian, Its not so pretty in the next round

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reminder: The 1970 rule is not currently in play and pre 70s selections are allowed. See here:

I am reposting below info to include round 4 order and link to round 5 order

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat,

LordTSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy,

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect, Scott Hall,

Diathi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi,

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Samoa Joe,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, "The Young Bucks" Nick Jackson and Matt Jackson, "The Legion of Doom" Hawk and Animal,

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman,

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, "The Briscoes" Mark Briscoe and Jay Briscoe,

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore and Bog Cass,

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy,

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, "The Great Muta" Keiji Mutoh,

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose,

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" "Davey Boy" Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs),
    GLORIOUS!
    Bobby Roode,

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega,

Necrominus: Kevin Owens, Edge, Vader,

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL),

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes,

NEXT to Pick is Shagnasti

Round 4 (Non Stip Round):
    5. Shagnasti
    6. Imnotthehulk
    7. Cheese Wagstaff
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Campo
    10. JP Liz
    11. Furious Red
    12. BeakerJoe
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. Spongey1975
    16. Diathi1989
    17. A Brad Maddox Guy
    18. Lee JM
    19. DM_7
    20. Necrominus

Round 5 is linked here if you want to know but we won't list it here to avoid any confusion.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Reminder: The 1970 rule is not currently in play and pre 70s selections are allowed. See here:

I am reposting below info to include round 4 order and link to round 5 order

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat,

LordTSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy,

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect, Scott Hall,

Diathi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi,

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Samoa Joe,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, "The Young Bucks" Nick Jackson and Matt Jackson,

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman,

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler,

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada,

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy,

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, "The Great Muta" Keiji Mutoh,

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose,

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" "Davey Boy" Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs),
    GLORIOUS!
    Bobby Roode,

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega,

Necrominus: Kevin Owens, Edge, Vader,

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH),

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi,

NEXT to Pick is Furious-Red

Round 3 (Non Stip Round):
    19. Furious-Red
    20. JP Liz

Round 4 (Non Stip Round):
    1. Brian Regan
    2. SlickRic
    3. thebostoncrab
    4. Paulie21
    5. Shagnasti
    6. Imnotthehulk
    7. Cheese Wagstaff
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Campo
    10. JP Liz
    11. Furious Red
    12. BeakerJoe
    13. Bounty Hunter
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. Spongey1975
    16. Diathi1989
    17. A Brad Maddox Guy
    18. Lee JM
    19. DM_7
    20. Necrominus

Round 5 is linked here if you want to know but we won't list it here to avoid any confusion.

I did not know the pre-1970 rule was abolished from Round 3 onwards, Tbh if I did I would not have taken Piper in first round I would have waited for round 4 onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

campo wrote: »
    I did not know the pre-1970 rule was abolished from Round 3 onwards, Tbh if I did I would not have taken Piper in first round I would have waited for round 4 onwards

I don't think it actually is yet abolished .... at least if it is I didn't know either. In the round 3 post (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102186704&postcount=39) we were referred back to the opening page for the rule
    So that means there is actually no stip this round. Gotcha! Pick whom ever you like under the usual rules of the game (see opening post if unsure).

so seeing as that was changed I would think the pre 70 rule was still in effect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't think it actually is yet abolished .... at least if it is I didn't know either. In the round 3 post (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102186704&postcount=39) we were referred back to the opening page for the rule

so seeing as that was changed I would think the pre 70 rule was still in effect.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057681587/12/#post102189512

I included it in my update based on the above post. Which happened after the round three order was posted.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102189512&postcount=348

Above is said post in which the rule was abolished. It happened just before round 3 begun, so you wouldnt have known in round 1. My error was not updating the stip post in the picks thread. Sorry if it wasnt clear or if others missed it. I was out for most of the day yesterday and its hard to maneover the site on a mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I don't think anybody has picked a pre 70s wrestler ... I suspect not many people actually realised the rule was no longer in effect.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102189512&postcount=348

Above is said post in which the rule was abolished. It happened just before round 3 begun, so you wouldnt have known in round 1. My error was not updating the stip post in the picks thread. Sorry if it wasnt clear or if others missed it. I was out for most of the day yesterday and its hard to maneover the site on a mobile.

My point was that I know it was abolished for round 1 which give me the option should I go for the person who is usually a Top3 pick during the 1970 round or say Ric Flair, I went with Piper as I figured that if I got a low draw in 1970 round I would have no chance of getting him but if I had known before draft had begun that the pre-1970 rule was going to be abolished from round 3 then that would have changed the way I drafted.

This is not a moan as it doesn't really matter at the end of the day but I am not a big fan of rules changing mid game and the fact that the average round draw is next then surely that should be enough for folks who had low draws during first 4 rounds (like myself)

While Im not a fan of rule changes mid game, I was contemplating removing the rule in round 3 before the round started mid way through round 2. I opted not to do it.

After a discussion with those online at the time, I opted it was fairest to remove the rule altogether from round 3, before round 3 started.

From round 1, even though the rule wasnt ineffect that round, I was always planning to keep it in for round 2 and perhaps removing it altogether during round 3/5 without warning to mix it up.

Im not a fan of making people aware of stips before hand (besides BH whos helping running to run stuff by him).

I changed it to try make the game enjoyable for everyone. I relaise that is impossible but I was trying to please the majority. Its my own fault for not making it clearere to everyone before round 3, though I had hoped people would have read the post before picking. thats my error.

In summary, I dont mean to hinder anyone and I want everyone to enjoy.

Also the round 5 stip planned will remove rules as well as restrict picks as part of the stip.

The stip will be mean different things for different people based on their placing in the round.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Also the round 5 stip planned will remove rules as well as restrict picks as part of the stip.

The stip will be mean different things for different people based on their placing in the round.

As I said it's not a huge deal as to be honest the picks for me are secondary it is what folks do with the picks that really matter

Thanks Campo, I appreciate that.

Mainly I just want people to enjoy it while making the game a tad fresh. I believe the surprise element of the game is one of the reasons people love it. I love not knowing whats coming next or expecting something to turn the game on its head (the next stip wont do that i hope but will be new to a degree)

Running the draft kind of ruins that element from me apart from round order, but seeing others react and enjoy the stips is a good feeling to. After Lord TSC and BH did such a good job in recent years, as well as MNG previous to my arrival on boards.ie, I want to live up to their standards of running as smooth and an as enjoyable game as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sorry for the delay lads . Will have my pick up soon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM sent to Liz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

IT'S JOHN O CLOCK!!

Advertisement