Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dusty is one I really strongly considered last round, he ended up being my no.2 choice although I had assumed my top choice (after Kota/Omega which never would have dropped to me) would have been gone by my go so I was already considering Dusty vs Hogan or Dusty vs Batista. He is a great choice imo and was actually still my 2nd choice this round... hopefully my top choice comes through though.

As mentioned the tag teams are great value especially with them going fast now. I've never had Enzo & Cass cos I guess they are relatively new but I'd imagine Enzo would be great to write for.

Shock.... someone other than Liz drafted Christian... I thought that was against the rules :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Oh Liz is not gonna be happy. I wonder will we see a trade down the line???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Liz just PM'D me, shes dropping out now. I hope your happy Cheese :pac: (JOKE SHES GRAND....I THINK)

Cheese just used his most awesome-st theme song too. Bonus points.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Give I'm near the end of the next round, I'm going with Vince cause, as is my goal this year, he'll be a hoot to write, and I really want Mr Meekman in my stories :P

Mr Meekman goes to Lord TSC again, as he did in 2014.

New Day, Matt Hardy.... McMahon..... this all spells fun

3 picks until mine and Ive 2 picks and cant decide who to take. Knowing my luck, both will go before me

Imagine a Broken Corporation......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

#Meekmahan :)

• Advertisement

Really wanted Vince but since Jeff went I thought TSC might go for Meek Mahan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This probably needs an update again:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi,

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Samoa Joe,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega

Necrominus: Kevin Owens, Edge, Vader

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL)

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes

TBC really has a cracking roster

Some great rosters developed as the results of two non stip rounds back to back. A reminder that the next round will be a stip round and it will be restrictive to a degree.

Round six will be a stip round too and it will be the last restrictive stip round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I'll have my pick up soon just deciding between 2

No.rush campo, in the same boat , some.decisions need time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick up and decided to go with Lashley, while I felt there was much bigger names available Lashley fits my story line more in fact I would say a lot of my picks from here on in might surprise a few

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Liz just PM'D me, shes dropping out now. I hope your happy Cheese :pac: (JOKE SHES GRAND....I THINK)

After much negotiations between the LWE and Christian, he decided not to return to the company after his stalker hell by owner Liz, still very traumatised and having a restraining order in place he heavily declined to return

He was my top pick for this round, take good care of him Cheese, good roster so far with him plus Bret, Seth and Jeff Hardy

Great choice in getting Nigel McGuinness Liz. Your talent are definitely well able to deliver in the ring and on the mic. Nigel vs Austin would Im sure be a first time feud if thats the route you go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Right just home from my staff xmas party so i think its better i wait till a few hours till i put up my pick and a have a few hours sleep ha

• Advertisement

Right just home from my staff xmas party so i think its better i wait till a few hours till i put up my pick and a have a few hours sleep ha

Ha probably a good idea but then again drunk picking duke the dumpster could be good too :D

I had pmd the face that runs the place (BeakerJoe - guess cos he won last year he could also be the champ that runs the camp) my planned pick yesterday but I guess I'll be. Able to do that myself now today as we didn't go as fast as I'd expected.

So I think its fair to say we have had our quietest 24 hrs thus far. The stip for Rd5 has me second guessing my choice for this round. Thankfully though the stip for Rd5 should be announced by the time I make my choice as Im #18 this Rd. There is still a few star names from previous drafts I am surprised havnt been taken yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sorry for my lateness but i have made my pick and PM BeakerJoe

".....often copied never equalled".

Me-ow!!!!

Two of the better tag teams gone in quick succession. Arn & Tully the originals and Dash & Dawson their spiritual successors. Got to imagine both teams will play a big role in Reds and Joes plans.

Was impressed by BH's roster before that pick but now he's my favourite for sure.

A super pick. Ted is a wrestler that year in year out is placed in some perfect fueds and is a perennial in terms an entertaining character for the last ten years of the draft.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Was impressed by BH's roster before that pick but now he's my favourite for sure.

A super pick. Ted is a wrestler that year in year out is placed in some perfect fueds and is a perennial in terms an entertaining character for the last ten years of the draft.

tis a strong enough list of names alright but if im perfectly honest I only have set plans for 50% of my roster thus far.
    Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen

I personally would have Arn & tully above virtually any other Tag team going so it really shows how much stock is in people like The Revival atm that they go at the same time, not to mention the likes of Enzo/Cass etc that have gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up shortly. Some great picks so far.

WGTT and American Alpha...noice! especially when added to Kurt Angle & Steamboat. MNG will have great wrestling thats for sure

• Advertisement

I love that pick by MNG. Team Angle vs American Alpha is the type of story this draft is made for. Well done MNG.

Love the stips this round Joe. Not to limiting IMO and very fun with the four distinct sections.

Advertisement