Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

25c86454-e2f9-4fb6-b8e0-f8cc196e66b3.gif

Impressive work Joe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Love the multi stip idea. Great work Joe. Now if the pick speed could rapidly increase, that would be fantastic... it's now been 4 days since my last pick and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Firstly, I'm dying with the flu. Im almost completly incapacitated with sickness and the slow down in picks due to Furious Reds partying couldnt have come at a better time. I was ko'd last night and bed riden. Ive actually so weak, i can barely type without feeling dizzy. So if I dont get back to anyones PMs its because my head is down, so feel free to PM Bounty Hunter with an queries if Im not quick enough to respond.

I hope everyone likes the stip, it literaly killed me typing and uploading pics so I hope it goes down well. I encourage everyone to read the post fully to make sure you understand everything.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Firstly, I'm dying with the flu. Im almost completly incapacitated with sickness and the slow down in picks due to Furious Reds partying couldnt have come at a better time. I was ko'd last night and bed riden. Ive actually so weak, i can barely type without feeling dizzy. So if I dont get back to anyones PMs its because my head is down, so feel free to PM Bounty Hunter with an queries if Im not quick enough to respond.

Hope you feel better soon. I had a similar dose that took me out for a week over Christmas so I know exactly what you're going through! I was only (half) joking about the pick speed by the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That's brilliant.

AA locking horns with TWGTT is money. Plus adding Angle to the mix. Spooooge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

beakerjoe wrote: »

I hope everyone likes the stip, it literaly killed me typing and uploading pics so I hope it goes down well. I encourage everyone to read the post fully to make sure you understand everything.

Jesus that sounds like a horrible dose. Feel better soon mate. I know BH is in a different time zone to us and if Joe is out cold for the night, chances are I'll be online most of the night anyway so if anybody is unsure of anything feel free to ask me and I'll help if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I have to hit the drawing board. In the last 24 hours i had developed a feud involving Ted Dibiase but he's abandoned me in my time of need. The round 5 stip has also thrown a spanner into the works as i cant get my planned pick there either. Will have my pick up as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Ahh! I was waiting on Shelton/Haas! Was worried seeing all the tag teams being picked that they wouldn't last, but was so so close!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Get better soon Joe, I'm off work with an infection myself but thankfully I'm just choked coughing every 2 minutes and not bed ridden with a full on flu. I really like the multi-stip idea, I think everyone got a good one and it'll keep the round really fresh & surprising.

EDIT: Does the US Champions stip include WCW US Champions?
    Now if the pick speed could rapidly increase, that would be fantastic... it's now been 4 days since my last pick and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!!

I feel ya, I think it was last year I went an entire week without a pick things were moving that slow. I think we were just spoiled by the pace on Saturday, we got through about 15 picks and I got two of them :p

I feel ya, I think it was last year I went an entire week without a pick things were moving that slow. I think we were just spoiled by the pace on Saturday, we got through about 15 picks and I got two of them

I remember that! It was around the time of the DDOS attack which completely shut everything down for a few days I think. I'm not really that bothered in truth. My problem is I keep making plans and then changing them again I've had so much time to think!!

• Advertisement

Get better soon Joe, I'm off work with an infection myself but thankfully I'm just choked coughing every 2 minutes and not bed ridden with a full on flu. I really like the multi-stip idea, I think everyone got a good one and it'll keep the round really fresh & surprising.

EDIT: Does the US Champions stip include WCW US Champions?

I feel ya, I think it was last year I went an entire week without a pick things were moving that slow. I think we were just spoiled by the pace on Saturday, we got through about 15 picks and I got two of them :p

Yes it does included WCW US champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Love the formatting of the next rounds stops, there is only a small handful of people who meet more than 1 of the different rules, so it further draws out the possibility of everyone getting a high quality pick next round. I actually have 11 nxt names written down that I'd be happy to draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If I pick a tag team next round do both have to have been US or IC champs?

Love the formatting of the next rounds stops, there is only a small handful of people who meet more than 1 of the different rules, so it further draws out the possibility of everyone getting a high quality pick next round. I actually have 11 nxt names written down that I'd be happy to draft.

That was the point, so glad its appreciated.

On their own each stip restricts waaay too much, yet divided up they bring a lot more options while being just restictive enough

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes both picks need to be former champs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yep, both members of the team had to hold at least one of the titles

Guys, help me out on a potentail pick one of our players has.

The have tagged together 3 times in 3 months and became tag team champions to an indy fed to which they are still champions.

Is 3 times during a 3 month perios enough to consider them a tag team. Im inclined to allow it, esp since because they are tag champs they may tag again soon.

What do you guys think?

DM_7 wrote: »
    Yep, both members of the team had to hold at least one of the titles

One could hold an IC title and the other hold a US title too

The have tagged together 3 times in 3 months and became tag team champions to an indy fed to which they are still champions.

Is 3 times during a 3 month perios enough to consider them a tag team. Im inclined to allow it, esp since because they are tag champs they may tag again soon.

What do you guys think?

Seems ok by the rules... have they a team name?

What do you guys think?

I would say yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

What do you guys think?

Would have no objections.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Seems ok by the rules... have they a team name?

Not to my knowledge, could be wrong. It was just the 3 month rule,

Given that they've tagged together for the required 3 months and they won a title I think it's fine to be honest - they'll obviously be teaming together to defend said title again so it would be a valid pick... my opinion anyways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is the promotion one that would make them eligible to be drafted? Some flimsy tag teams get picked so another one won't do any harm of they are actually tag champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Once the tag titles they hold come from a known indie I don't see any issue

Its a known indy alright. If they want to proceed with said pick, im allowing it. The just.... just about make it.

Some top tag teams gone

damn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Delighted to get Pete & Trent picked before the WWE UK tournament brings them to a wider audience. A few people will have their eyes opened this weekend.

WGTT and American Alpha...noice! especially when added to Kurt Angle & Steamboat. MNG will have great wrestling thats for sure

Ain't no Stopping MNG

• Advertisement

Pick up and PM sent. Certainly some much bigger names available but had my eye on Steph for a while now.

Advertisement