Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Good progress being made tonight! (surely put a curse on it now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had Charlotte in mind for a later round, she has improved so much, good heel diva, great pick with Becky

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus didnt realise it was my pick again. Anyways pick made and PM'd Spongey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Good progress being made tonight! (surely put a curse on it now!)

Yep cursed it :p only for a couple of hours though.

Good to see another round moving on.

The stip is very interesting for roumd 5 as it is limiting in a good way. Keeps some more names for the next round but should allow picks of big names or important ones (perhaps a little earlier that planned).

In my head I will be trying to predict who will be picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Bad feeling my next pick will go before it gets to me because of the stips

• Advertisement

Jaysus didnt realise it was my pick again. Anyways pick made and PM'd Spongey

I have some bad news,

You might have missed a trick there despite your very good pick.

Wade is an interesting guy to have as he had potential to kick on at differant times and if you start him at one of those stages he can be pushed as far as you want.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I have some bad news,

Wade is an interesting guy to have as he had potential to kick on at differant times and if you start him at one of those stages he can be pushed as far as you want.

I getcha now. Is it too late to edit the pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I getcha now. Is it too late to edit the pick?

No one else has picked since you so maybe check with Joe or BH if it ok

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just home from work but especially as spongey has now picked and added an ECW look to his fed i'd have to say the pick probably shouldn't be edited as the edited version also was not originally intended. If you made an error and realised straight off that meant you meant to pick a tag partner with him then that could be edited in here but it would seem the intended pick was the one made and then cos of DMs comment you realised what could have been. If people think that is harsh say so or if Beaker decides something else (as im only helping out) thats fair enough too.

Van Dam is a good pick and Spongey along with a few others (most tbh) seems to have a nice roster already assembling with its own unique feel to it.

• Advertisement

I have some bad news,

Sorry about causing hassle with above post. Just wanted to use the "bad news", line (and didn't even get that right) :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry about causing hassle with above post. Just wanted to use the "bad news", line (and didn't even get that right) :(

I enjoyed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Morning guys..... Im still not 100 percent or close to it, so bare with me while I find the energy for today.

Unfortunatly once a pick is made, its final unless its uneligable. It will have to go down as a missed opportunity sadly, though I imagine your happy with old Wade anyway.

Its happened to me before in the game where ive drafted someone only to suddenly realise the had a tag partner and missed out. It happens and I have noticed many picks already have been made that have missed out on tag team partners (Lord TSCs Xavier Woods for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I used to hold off tag team picks. Twas either to hold out for an actually tag team pick or because I didn't want a lesser talent sullying my roster.

But now I think if there is an option of a tag pick addition you need to do it 100%. Nobody ever reaches the max quota and I've noticed that the biggest rosters unsurprisingly have more scope and depth. You need your curtain-jerkers.

No worries guys , i will learn from my mistake for the rest of the tournament :D

Another update on rosters as I have a few spare minutes:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team)

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless)

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style)

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Samoa Joe, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters)

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch

Necrominus: Kevin Owens, Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes

I though it was always after round four but I re-read the rules and trading commencement is only after it's announced.

Is that right Joe?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I though it was always after round four but I re-read the rules and trading commencement is only after it's announced.

Is that right Joe?

Truth and full disclosure here : I totally forgot about the trading. I was reminded of it only this morning, and seeing as round 5 is probably complicated enough, I was going to allow it from round six. Is this ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Sounds fine to me. Im sure whatever trades that would be done in Rd5 will still be done in Rd6

Sounds good *thumbs up*

Haven't really my eye on anyone but as always am open to all offers in terms of trading.

• Advertisement

Feck it, thought Chyna would last a little longer. Good pick Liz.

Chyna always goes once someone starts off the ladies picks and is a solid choice... and sure with trades even if someone agrees a trade now they can just wait and announce it in rd 6

Wade Barrett is the first guy going in the stip round. He was available to those in the the first part of round 5, as well as to those in the NXT part of the round.

RVD is one of the few guys available in all 4 stips, so no shock to see him go this round. Yes, RVD had a match in NXT

Chyna could have gone here or in the Homer stip as she was American, but also in the TNA ROH stip as she appeared in TNA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Pick made & PM sent. Not sure when Bounty Hunter tends to become available where he is. There were a lot of names to consider this round, some that I found it hard not to pick but with the number of tag teams dwindling I felt I needed to add more depth and variety to my roster. With the varied stips though I expect a lot of big names to still be available in round 6.

Outlaws are always a good value pick. Can be used as singles stars or a tag team.

Pick made and PM sent. Probably could have gotten Nash in a later round but the NWO is on the BWA this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So the NWO is alive and well this year. And they even have their money man with them. Cant wait to see what BH is able to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

NWO is an incredible get. You say you hadn't planned it so it'll be interesting to find out if you're plans have been drastically changed as a result.

Honestly never even thought about drafting Nash until after getting the Hall & Perfect pick. Very Heel heavy now thanks to the NWO picks, might have to use Big Dave as a face

• Advertisement

Pick up and PM sent. With the TNA rule being relaxed I knew I wanted the Dudleys next.

Advertisement