Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The NWO is a great one. The credibility of your world title scene (with Hogan) and the tag team division (with The Outsiders) is through the roof.

Stables are a tough one. Everybody loves them but with the draft you sort of have to go all in with them. They basically make or break your fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

With only 10 people eligible to draft the Dudleys they weren't getting past the first. BH did Nash take my title with him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blargh. Wanted Nash or the Dudleyz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necrominus wrote: »
    Pick up and PM sent. With the TNA rule being relaxed I knew I wanted the Dudleys next.

Was Ray not TNA world champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yes, but the TNA title was abolished from.this round fourth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick up and PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pick made and PM sent to Shagnasti. Delighted to get Chris Hero in Rd5. I still have my plan but some guys may have shifted roles. Loving this draft so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

****e, Hero was my top pick. Still some excellent names left mind you!

Sorry TBC think that is the second time I have taken the guy you had wanted.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Sorry TBC think that is the second time I have taken the guy you had wanted.

Great minds! I have two NXT names in mind that cannot be drafted until the US names pass, but also two US NXT names ready to go also that I don't expect to make it past this section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have two acts I can't pass up this time round. Just curious to see if they last to me.

Great minds! I have two NXT names in mind that cannot be drafted until the US names pass, but also two US NXT names ready to go also that I don't expect to make it past this section.

So I had no chance in getting Hero. Screw you Lee, he was the only person I wanted this round..... I literally gambled on him going later and choose Arn n Tully over him last round as BH can attest to. I have otther options, but I wanted my IC champ back

Theres actually plenty of great NXT picks who cant be touched until then... curious to see who TBC is thinking about

I had a small idea for Papa Shango..... I just realise He is also gone.... wasnt expecting him to go this round at all. Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Crap :( Didn't expect to see the Nation assemble this early. I had my big mid card feud pencilled for them. Gonna stick with the pick I had planned.

Sorry Campo.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Crap :( Didn't expect to see the Nation assemble this early. I had my big mid card feud pencilled for them. Gonna stick with the pick I had planned.

Sorry Campo.

I was thinking of leaving them for a while but they way the draft is going got to grab your picks while you can and Oh don't worry I tend to bring new members into stables

EDIT : Nope

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So I had no chance in getting Hero. Screw you Lee, he was the only person I wanted this round..... I literally gambled on him going later and choose Arn n Tully over him last round as BH can attest to. I have otther options, but I wanted my IC champ back

Sorry Joe. Hero is somebody I initially wasnt gonna go for but I decided to shuffle my pack slightly and then with the history Hero has with ZSJ he was just too good to pass up

Tis my own fault for gambling..... but Ive a back up or 2 who I can draft this round or the next

DAMN!!! Farooq is gone as expected, I was very close to picking him but I wanted Lashley as leader of the NOD plus I need to beef up my roster so went with a team who I can use as a tag and single

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Torn

I want a few of the NXT people I expect to be picked now. Don't know who I want or need most. Three stand outs, might be best to go with the one I never selected before........

EDIT: Crap, four stand outs, torn again

DM_7 wrote: »
    Torn

I want a few of the NXT people I expect to be picked now. Don't know who I want or need most. Three stand outs, might be best to go with the one I never selected before........

EDIT: Crap, four stand outs, torn again

I hear ya, I've too many NXT names to choose from so I hope of if yanks is taken by MNG and that you take one of the others!

I hear ya, I've too many NXT names to choose from so I hope of if yanks is taken by MNG and that you take one of the others!

Most of the NXT names I have (I listed them all before the stip to make sure there was enough) At least 6 should of went already and theres plenty available who some might not realise via one off matches, so research is your friend here.

Same goes for the TNA/ROH end of the round, lots to choose from, Im very happy with how this went

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up shortly.
    It's an American

MNG redrafts Rey Rey, hes someone who I researched today and was so down he never once appeared in ROH since leaving WWE. Doesnt matter now anyway..... whats he got planned I wonder

IMO one of, if not THE best wrestler ever. The man doesnt do bad matches and can wrestle any style against anyone and have a 4 star match at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pick made and PM sent. Getting an early 2000s Smackdown vibe off my roster. Dunno if it's just me.

Pick made and PM sent. Getting an early 2000s Smackdown vibe off my roster. Dunno if it's just me.

Definitely getting that feel. And I love it. 2 of the best babyfaces ever in Rey and Steamboat. Team Angle I am guessing will be your lead heels. And American Alpha just being awesome. I love your roster so far MNG :D

Calling a ring collapse on MNG

LeeJM wrote: »
    Definitely getting that feel. And I love it. 2 of the best babyfaces ever in Rey and Steamboat. Team Angle I am guessing will be your lead heels. And American Alpha just being awesome. I love your roster so far MNG :D

Id say Gable would make a great heel. Him v Angle would be awesome

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Calling a ring collapse on MNG

Think he needs to draft some beef for that. Maybe he could have a big lads division :pac::pac:

Advertisement